2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 7:23 AM by LisaN

pass query id into pop up window

LisaN Level 1

Hi,

i want to be able to pass the id from the query into the popup window but not sure how to do it, would you please help me with this? - thanks

code below (A) working fine with open the pop up detail page but din't know how to passs an id into detail page.

<!----A--->

<script>

function openWin()

{

window.open("detail.cfm","_blank","toolbar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, top=500, left=500, width=400, height=400");

}

</script>

<cfset foo = querynew('id_int,aNo_var,Renew,Cancel')>

<cfloop query="getOrderHist">

<cfset queryaddrow(foo)>

<cfset querysetcell(foo,'id_int',getOrderHist.id_int)>

<cfset querysetcell(foo,'aNo_var',getOrderHist.aNo_var)>

<cfset querysetcell(foo,'Renew','<a href="javascript: void(0);" onclick="openWin()">view</a>')>

</cfloop>

<!---B--->

I try to call the page directly such as below but got an error for  "invalid character"

<cfset foo = querynew('id_int,aNo_var,Renew,Cancel')>

<cfloop query="getOrderHist">

<cfset queryaddrow(foo)>

<cfset querysetcell(foo,'id_int',getOrderHist.id_int)>

<cfset querysetcell(foo,'aNo_var',getOrderHist.aNo_var)>

<cfset querysetcell(foo,'Renew','<a href="javascript: void(0);" onclick="window.open("detail.cfm?id=#id#","_blank");>renew</a>')>

</cfloop>

• 1. Re: pass query id into pop up window
          duncancumming Level 3

you have an 'openWin' function, but then you're trying to add inline JS to do the same thing.  I assume that later on you're looping over your 'foo' query outputting these links to renew.  In which case I'd want to simply pass either a URL or just the ID into the openWin function.  Much simpler than trying to add dynamic JS into a query cell.

I'm slightly confused as well why you're creating a new query, foo, when you already have the query getOrderHist which seems to have everything you need.

function openWin(id) {

window.open("detail.cfm?id=" + id, "_blank","toolbar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, top=500, left=500, width=400, height=400");

}

<cfoutput query="getOrderHist">

ID: #getOrderHist.id_int#<br>

aNo: #getOrderHist.aNo_var#<br>

<a href="" onclick="openWin(#getOrderHist.id_int#); return false;">Renew</a><br>

</cfoutput>

• 2. Re: pass query id into pop up window
            LisaN Level 1

worked, thanks millions