1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2007 7:43 AM by kcell

Webservice call ends in Verify error during after decoding ( after update to Flex builder 3 /Flex builder 2.01 hotfix 3)

kcell Level 2
      Hi all,

I like to ask if someone has ever get or heard from this error (or may help me to discuss how would be the best way to fix it). Also please note that the error didn´t occure when I used Flexbuilder 2.01 Hotfix 2 and the Flashplayer 9.0.47.

The error just occured in myapp when I make a webservice call which response message includes a array of parameters.
      There is one workaround in the WSDL definition of the parameters, cause the WSDL contains at this place a <choice> tag, which is just partial supported by FLEX. The workaround for this is to use an own wsdl for the flex client where the including tags use attributes for minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" .

The console window from FB3 shows (beneath some hundred stack entries) the following error:
      VerifyError: Error #1068: iwp.myapp.searchform.MySearchForm and iwp.myapp.searchform.MySearchForm cannot be reconciled.

at iwp.myapp.searchform::MySearchForm/getSearchFormResultHandler()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.rpc::AbstractOperation/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()[E:\dev\flex\sdk\frameworks\ projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractOperation.as:196
      at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()[E:\dev\flex\sdk\frameworks\pro jects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:198
      at mx.rpc::Responder/result()[E:\dev\flex\sdk\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.a s:48]
      at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[E:\dev\flex\sdk\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Asy ncRequest.as:81]
      at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()[E:\dev\flex\sdk\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\ mx\messaging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:387]
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

I really appreciated if somone could help me with this or has an idea how I can go on.
      ( one Question Is there a way to get the "open source" sourcecode before FB3 is released?)

best regards
      kcell
        • 1. Re: Webservice call ends in Verify error during after decoding ( after update to Flex builder 3 /Flex builder 2.01 hotfix 3)
          kcell Level 2
          Hi all,

today I found the reason for the crash, whcih occure when my app called the webservice function in the new flashplayer 9.0.115).

The reason was that in the ResultHandler-function of the webservice call there were nested "switch" conditions used and in two of the "case" branches a "break;" missed. So the problem could easily be fixed, but I just want to inform people if the got a similar problem they should try to start the problem with "empty" Result/Fault Handler functions.
          ( the old version (9.0.47) seems to be more robust against a missing "break;" , but for sure have other leaks and of course features)

so kepp on flexing ;)

best regards,
          kcell