5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 8:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements download

Texas Hill Country Gal

I purchased these together online a few days ago.  I was asked for a serial number after downloading Adobe Photoshop Elements, and after the download an icon appeared on my desktop.  I proceeded to download Adobe Premiere Elements and after it was completed (I thought) I was never asked for a serial number nor did an icon appear on my desktop.  Is Adobe Premiere Elements automatically incorporated into Adobe Photoshop Elements when it is downloaded which could be the reason I don't have a Adobe Premiere Elements icon on my desktop?  AND, how can I tell if I now have Adobe Premiere Elements??? 

• 1. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements download
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After downloading from the Internet to a location on your computer, did you INSTALL the program(s) by running the install process?

• 2. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements download
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Texas Hill Country Gal

Although you have not stated it, I will assume that Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit are involved here.

What computer are you downloading Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 to?

Photoshop Elements 12

Do you now have Photoshop Elements 12 installed on your computer to the extent that you can open the Photoshop Elements 12 Full Editor and the Elements Organizer 12 that comes with it? If you go to Control Panel Programs, is Photoshop Elements 12 included there on the list of installed programs?

Premiere Elements 12

If you go to Control Panel Programs, is Premiere Elements 12 included there on the list of installed programs?

Let me back up, after the download of Premiere Elements 12, did you run the setup.exe to install it. Did you ever get a message that Premiere Elements 12 was successful installed?

General Comments

Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 are standalone products. Both come with an Elements Organizer 12. And, when they are installed on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer catalog. And, they do have some integration perks when both are on the same computer. But, they are standalone products.

At this time do you have installation files on your computer, one set for Photoshop Elements 12 and one set for Premiere Elements 12?

Please review and then we can decide what next based on your answers.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements download
              Texas Hill Country Gal Level 1

Thank you so much for your response.  I am downloading to my laptop with Windows 7.  Yes, Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 is listed as an installed program in Control Panel Programs.  No, Adobe Premiere Elements 12 is not listed as an installed program.  The setup.exe option never appeared.  Yes, I have installation files on my computer for both.  By the way, I am not very experienced at downloading files online.  I have always purchased a DVD set for anything I wanted installed.  Help!

• 4. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements download
                Texas Hill Country Gal Level 1

I thought that I had installed the program, but it's not there.  I followed the prompts as instructed . . . so I thought.  See my response to A.T. Romano.  Also, thank you for your reponse.

• 5. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements download
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Texas Hill Country Gal

You should have a Premiere Elements Folder from the download. In the Premiere Elements Folder, look for the setup.exe file. You want to start the Premiere Elements installation process from that.

If you want, open the Premiere Elements Folder that downloaded, tell us what is in that folder as well as how many subfolders you go through to find the setup.exe file. You can post a screenshot of what you find at different stages of the opening of the Premiere Elements Folder, and we will check them out together before you actually double click the setup.exe to begin the Premiere Elements installation.

If you want to start ahead of me, then that is OK. Just keep track of the steps so that we can discuss them in case of any glitches.

Best wishes.

ATR