2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 1:58 PM by ngrothoff

Authorizing ADE on both computer and device

ngrothoff

When attempting to authorize ADE v2.0 on my computer and device (NOOK Simple Touch) i receive an Activation Server error message E_AUTH_NOT_READY  What does this mean and how do I resolve it? I also cannot copy .pdf books from OVerdrive to the NOOK.  It says that the NOOK is not authorized.  ADE v1.7 and my 1st gen NOOK worked just fine on this same computer.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Authorizing ADE on both computer and device
          sjpt Level 4

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

This often happens an a reinstall/upgrade.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

Another is  "E_AUTH_NOT_READY"

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

~~

Once you have done that you should be able to authorize your  new Nook.

It is important that you use your original Adobe ID, then you should be able to read all your boooks (new and old) on ADE and on both Nooks.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Authorizing ADE on both computer and device
            ngrothoff Level 1

Thanks!  This resolved the problem.