5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2014 9:31 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 will not load

Burghthing

I cannot get Adobe Premiere Elements 12 to load. I am running Windows 7 64bit. It has opened before, but it will not launch at all. I have tried switching to just opening Elements directly and not going through the welcome screen. I have tried running as administrator. I have verified that I have the latest video driver from the manufacturer. I have also deleted the folder at C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0 as suggested in another post.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not load
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Burghthing

Have you gone to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications and looked for any Error which might describe your present situation?

From what you wrote, I suspect that you have also gone through the drill of latest version of QuickTime installed on computer wiith Premiere Elements 12.

Since this is one of those "it worked before but not now" issues, have you tried a System Restore to a point when everything was working?

Have we gotten to the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall stage yet?

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not load
            Burghthing Level 1

ATR,

I looked at the logs and nothing strikes me with any real information. It does have one error that says "The program PDApp.exe version 7.0.0.426 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed." So yes, there are some event logs, but I nothing that gives me an idea of what the problem is.

Here is another event error, perhaps it will mean something to you...

Fault bucket 0, type 5

Event Name: PCA2

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe

P2: 12.0.0.0

P3: Adobe Premiere Elements 12

P4: Adobe Premiere Elements

P5: Adobe Systems Incorporated

P6: 200

P7: -1

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\{0329b1e0-d519-4fc4-b1d0-e95765fed0ab}\appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\TabADEB.tmp

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_Adobe Premiere E_dd29c8729c34bae6d27da9f18a1c18862f8f3c_0379192b

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: f6b9e48d-71d0-11e3-b819-1078d2f886ff

Report Status: 0

Yes, I have the latest version of Quicktime. (No, I had not previously verified that.)

I have not used this program for several weeks and I do not have a restore point that is older than a few days, so I doubt it would do any good to roll back. Plus, I did install several windows updates today to bring everything up to date, including the video driver. I performed the windows updates after I began trying to solve this PrE12 issue, so I doubt they are the problem.

I have not attempted to uninstall the program yet. Am I to that point already? Also, I am not familiar with "ccleaner."

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not load
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Burghthing

As they say Bingo (maybe),

I had the same Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit Sign In problem. Found the Error Message about

"The program PDApp.exe version 7.0.0.426 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed."

I went to the PDApp.exe file. The path to it in Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 64 bit is

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

OOBE

PDApp

Core

PDApp.exe

When I doubled clicked the PDApp.exe, the Adobe Updater popped up wanting to install an Update (Adobe Application Manager). I let it. After that, there was no problem signing into my Premiere Elements 12 Windows.

So, definitely give this a consideration.

We will be watching for the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not load
                Burghthing Level 1

ATR,

I tried double clicking on PDApp.exe and it also asked to update both Premiere and Photoshop. I said yes. It sucessfully updated. When I tried to get into PrE 12, it still did the same thing. So I uninstalled PrE12, then I rebooted. I reinstalled PrE12 and I still could not open it. I went back to PDAapp.exe and it wanted to perform an update again, so I did that. I still can not get PrE12 to load.

I have noticed that sometimes I get a phantom window that says Title and it has the Adobe icon. The window is blank. The only way to close that is through Task Manager.

I am really confused now. BTW, I also have Adobe Photoshop 12 and have no problem working with that program. I did not uninstall that program when I uninstalled PrE 12.

Prior to installing PrE 12, I had PrE 10 and it worked fine. I believe that at somepoint a few weeks ago, I uninstalled PrE 10 because I needed to clear some space on the hard drive. That might have caused the initial problem, but since I have performed a clean install of PrE 12, it should open with out a problem. I am baffled. Any additional suggestions?

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not load
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Burghthing

Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 continue to be a challenge. I am concerned about going near either of them to deactivate or uninstall/reinstall. Both have been problematic in that regard.

Last time I deactivated Premiere Elements 12 on a Desktop computer, Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit, I had a terrible time signing back in, one failure after another. That is when that Event Viewer error tip and PDApp.exe fix worked for me. I still am not able to open the Photoshop Elements 12 Full Editor. It worked for about 3 weeks and not thereafter in spite of intensive troubleshooting.

I will think about this some more, but right now

a. have you tried to create an additional User Account with Administrative Privileges and use it to install/run Premiere Elements 12 in that.

b. have you ruled out completely any interference from anti-virus and firewalls

c. regarding

I have noticed that sometimes I get a phantom window that says Title and it has the Adobe icon. The window is blank. The only way to close that is through Task Manager.

Is there any way to right click this to see if you would be taken to a file location? What is getting closed in the Task Manager? What process? Did you mean Premiere Elements 12 or another process? If it is another process, right click it, and select Open File Location to see where that takes you.

More later. Do not give up.

Thanks.

ATR