• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying not allowed - again

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Kobo. I have been using it for over a year now, and have the permission etc for it. Every once in awhile I buy books that give me the error "no permission to copy the book" I had this before, and after asking and not receiving any answers from Adobe, I just bought the book on the Kobo site itself. Now, yesterday I bought 7 books and got the same error on 3 out of the 7 books. Bought the same day, and the same time, at the same place. Why do 3 of the not work and 4 do? This makes no sense. I have read different answers on here, but most say make sure you have the id authentication and permissions, which I do. Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you can read all the books on ADE?

That sounds more like a Kobo issue than an Adobe one. 

Four suggestions

1. Make sure the books have properly copied:
    for example see if you can open them in ADE from the Kobo memory (showing as a mounted drive in your file manager: Windows Explorer or Mac Finder)
  2. Try contacting Kobo and seeing if they can help.
  3. Make sure you have safe copies of all the books on it, factory reset the Kobo, reregister it, and recopy all the books.
  4. Check if there are firmware upgrades to the Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines