3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2014 9:28 AM by marcel.niedzielski

hello. I have a technical question.

marcel.niedzielski

hello. I have a technical question. Is the graphics card:

Intel ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

memory amount: up to 1,696 MB shared memory from 4 GB system memory installed (with pre-installed 64-bit operating system)

will be good for Photoshop Illustrator and InDesign

• 1. Re: hello. I have a technical question.
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Intel cards are not very good with Photoshop.  I don't know about this one in particular, but if you have a choice, I would avoid Intel and go with AMD or Nvidia.

• 2. Re: hello. I have a technical question.
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like you are talking about using the inbuilt graphics that is part of the motherboard.  If that is the case, then yes it will take its video RAM from the system RAM.  This is doubly bad becauase 4Gb RAM is really not enough in the first place, and System RAM is usually slower than video RAM.

What computer is this?  Do you already own it, or are you considering buying it?  I strongly urge you to wait and tell us what the spec and/or name of this computer is befor committing your dollars.

• 3. Re: hello. I have a technical question.
              marcel.niedzielski Level 1

It is a Toshiba Satellite C660 11k. It has 8Gb of memory and processor i3Core. And yes. This card is integrated into the motherboard.

When reading about this laptop never seen reviews cooperation with Photoshop. Currently I working on PNY GeForce G550 Ti 1Gb memory. It is a PC and I need something mobile. So the laptop. I think I already know what to do. Thank you for your response.