7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 8:21 AM by Steve Grisetti

unknown export error in premier elements 12

asaffink

I'm getting an export error when I try to export a project to .mov file (I used both the quicktime preset and some costume setting).

I used the exact same setting for another project with the same sources (different part of the same .mts file) and it worked fine.

I tried disabling the effects, importing the video again without quality fix, clearing up 20GB in my hard drive, nothing helped.

Any advice?

I'm using a mac, and the trail version of Premier Elements (I want to know this can be fixed before I buy)

Thanks everyone

• 1. Re: unknown export error in premier elements 12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What are your Project Settings, as listed under the program's Edit menu?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Which Publish & Share template and preset did you select? There are several that will produce an MOV file.

Also, have you ensured that your Premiere Elements project file is saved to its own folder on your hard drive, with no other project files in that folder?

• 2. Re: unknown export error in premier elements 12
            asaffink Level 1

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

The model of the camcorder is JVC Everio GZ-HM200, the original vedio is an MTS, 1920X1080, 25 frame rate.

I used the "Quicktime" setting as it is, as well as with some costum settings. The resolution and frame rate are the same as in the original.

For the project settings, I tried two thing in "Capture": HDV which was the default, and Quicktime, which also didn't work.

I tried saving the project to it's own folder, as well as to another folder where other projects are, and to the desktop. so far same result.

Like I said, another clip the I made, was cut from the same MTS file taken from the same camera with the exact same settings, and for this reason I suspect it has something to

do with the editing, maybe something different in the title or transition or whatever, altough I can't think of anything. I used pretty basic tools.

Thanks again and I would really appreciate any furthur help! I'm a musician with a show coming that I need to promote, and that's what the videos are for...

p.s - the error message always comes near the end of the process - when there are a few seconds left (like 98% or 99%)

• 3. Re: unknown export error in premier elements 12
              asaffink Level 1

one more detail - I used the "quicktime" import option, but changed from the default NTSC DV to HD 1080 25fps h.264

• 4. Re: unknown export error in premier elements 12
                asaffink Level 1

update - since it's a really simple job, I just started a new clean project and did the work again from scratch - worked fine.

However ,I would still love to get some advice in case this happens again in the future (and it probably will)

• 5. Re: unknown export error in premier elements 12

I'm not quite sure how you're getting MOV video from this camcorder. It's an AVCHD camcorder and, if you use Premiere Elements' Video Importer to get the video from the cam, the video should be saved as .M2TS files, which will work perfectly with Premiere Elements 12.

In the future, if you connect your camcorder to your computer with a USB cable and then use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camera to get the video from the camcorder to your computer, you should have no problems editing this video.

Meantime, don't forget to keep your operating system, your graphics card drivers and Quicktime version up to date!

• 6. Re: unknown export error in premier elements 12
                    asaffink Level 1

Like I said, the original video I'm getting from the camcorder is MTS. The output I'm getting from Premier Elements is Mov., since it seems like a good format for youtube.

I'm importing the MTS (not M2TS) files by dragging them into the timeline.

And also - the problem is not in the editing process, it's only in the final export (share/publish). at the moment I got around it - hope it never come back...

Thanks a lot anyway!

• 7. Re: unknown export error in premier elements 12

An MOV file isn't the best output if you plan on sharing your video on YouTube.

You should use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset.

And for future reference, if you are having export issues, they could very well be related to how your project is set up and what you're using as source video. So never assume the problem is only at the point where you're seeing the symptoms only.