5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2014 4:13 PM by jdanek

Vector art

Mickey 414

I need to layout a sheet with vector art images (logos) for creating a sheet of ceramic decals.  What version of photoshop will accomplish this?  I am using windows 7 home premium.

• 1. Re: Vector art
          Herbert2001 Level 4

That sounds like a job for Illustrator, not Photoshop.

Or if this is a one time job, and you would like to save some money, you could also use InkScape or Scribus to accomplish this.

• 2. Re: Vector art
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Your description is a bit skimpy on details where the beef.

• 3. Re: Vector art
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Get the 30 day trial for Photoshop and Illustrator, and work quickly.  If I was only going to pay for one CC app, then I'd hate to be without Photoshop.  Especially if the bundle deal was still a possibility.  I guess that anyone asking the OP's question, is no longer eligible for the Bundle deal now though.

• 4. Re: Vector art
                Herbert2001 Level 4

JJMack is correct in writing that we really need somewhat more details on the job requirements before deciding on the right tool.

@Mickey414: would you be able to provide us with more details?

• 5. Re: Vector art
                  jdanek Level 4

Any version of Photoshop.  However, let's get the terminology correct...

Vector Art = Illustrator

Bitmap or Raster graphics = Photoshop

Whoever is printing the file will have the appropriate workflow requirements and should be willing to give them to you before you start doing anything.  So, check with the print vendor and find out what files they accept.  They may even have a template or a similar job you can take a look at.  Heck, they might even require a PDF.  Go talk to them.