1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 1:50 AM by sjpt

ADE authorization

smtamura

I'm trying to use ADE, but I can't authorize my new computer? This would only be my second device.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: ADE authorization
          sjpt Level 4

More detail would be helpful, live exactly what stage and what error message (though ADE error messages are very often not helpful)

One thing to try ...

~~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

Another is  "E_AUTH_NOT_READY"

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0