3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 3:23 PM by Steve Grisetti

Importing video files

bakes

In photoshop premiere elements 11, I am unable to select files from my camera to import. If I click on a file, nothing happens. It seems to be

select all or nothing. What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Importing video files
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, can you be specific which program you're using to get the video from your camera. Is it Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements or the Elements Organizer? They are three different programs that are used in different ways.

Second, what files are you trying to get from your camera? Are you trying to get still photos from a still camera or video from a camcorder? And which model of camera or camcorder are you trying to get these files from?

Finally, can you be a bit more specific about "I I click on a file, nothing happens"? Can you describe in a bit more detail what steps you're taking and under what situation you're clicking on a file?

The solution is likely very simple. We just need to know what you're dealing with and how. (It might also help to know your operating system.)

• 2. Re: Importing video files
            bakes Level 1

I recently purchased elements 11 and premiere elements 11, so I am still feeling my way around the programme (I previously used pinnacle studio for video editing).

I am trying to import hd video files from a Sony HDR-XR500E camcorder into premiere elements 11, but each time I try, I am directed to Play Memories Home, which is a Sony programme for dealing with video files. I specify the destination folder, but when I try to select files to import by clicking on thumbnails, nothing happens.

I then tried importing directly into Premiere, but only succeeded in getting still shots and a couple of very short clips (approx. 1 or 2 seconds each), which I want to delete anyway. Operating system is win7 pro.

I am doing something wrong, but I can't work it out. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 3. Re: Importing video files
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Again, you haven't really given us any specifics about what you're doing, so it's hard to say what you're doing wrong.

If you plug the camcorder into your computer with a USB cable and set the camcorder to playback, can you use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camera to open the Video Importer and select which clips you want to import into your project?