2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 6:43 AM by Peter Spier

Help me access trial of indesign please

rosiepoppet

Hi I am having trouble using the trial of indesign. I have uploaded my designs that were done using indesign on a friends computer to creative cloud. I have downloaded the free trial but can not seem to edit my files at all? Can anyone help, I only have about a week left of the trial!!

• 1. Re: Help me access trial of indesign please
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

rosiepoppet wrote:

I have uploaded my designs that were done using indesign on a friends computer to creative cloud.

Okay, that only means that you stored the files in the cloud. I'm not sure you can actually do that without subscribing, but not being a subscriber myself, I'll assume you did it successfully. Of course you realize, you only uploaded copies of those files, so unless you subsequently deleted your locally stored copies, it is essentially meaningless with respect to opening and editing them.

I have downloaded the free trial but can not seem to edit my files at all?

You will have to provide more detail here. You've downloaded a trial version; did you install it successfully? If so, have you launched it successfully? If so, what happens when you launch the application, then choose File > Open and attempt to open one of those files?

• 2. Re: Help me access trial of indesign please
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you uploaded the files to your friend's account, that's where they are. You don't have access to your friend's account from your trial (or from your own account if you subscribe) unless your friend shares the files with you.