Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization

Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the following error the vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you give more details.

1. Is this error message from ADE (digital editions)?
  2. Is ADE authorized with your Adobe ID?
  3. Have you managed to read any DRM (digital rights management, non-free) books yet?
  4. Where did you buy/borrow the book from?

Some vendors use your generic Adobe ID for authorization, in which case step 2 above is important.

Other vendors use their own ID, in which case contact the vendors to find out what ID/password you should be using. (depending on step 4)

Generally ADE v1.7.2 is more reliable than v2.0/2.0.1, but v1.7.2 does not support vendor ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes the mesage is from ADE

2. Yes ADE is authorized with my Adobe ID

3. Yes previously I was able to access my books. My computer crashed and my data was subsequently recovered. However since then I have struggled to access content that I previously had on ADE

4. The eBooks were bought from the Faculty of Actuaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't see details for how Faculty of Actuaries authorize their books, so still not sure if they can just use your generic Adobe ID.

If the computer crashed and recovered and you are having issues with all your content, one possibility is as below ...  good luck

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

Another is  "E_AUTH_NOT_READY"

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines