5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 3:58 PM by the_wine_snob

Unable to complete the installation of Premiere Elements 12

MidWestRC

I am the administrator on my windows 7 box, 64 bit system. PC is clean, runs smooth, run CCleaner several times a day and have no problems downloading and installing other software.

I see others have this issue as well.  Error says my machine is not up to date and I need a 64 bit system but my system is a 64 bit system.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

Any suggestions on why the download takes place and when it hits 100%, I get this error?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to complete the installation of Premiere Elements 12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you ensured that the version of the program youv'e downloaded is for 64-bit Windows?

Have you gone to Windows Update and ensured that your computer will get Microsoft Updates as well as Windows Updates and have you installed all of the updates, even the non-critical ones that don't install automatically?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple?

Have you got at least 4 gig of RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

• 2. Re: Unable to complete the installation of Premiere Elements 12
            MidWestRC Level 1

Hi Steve:

Thank you for replying.

I will try to provide all the answers to your questions.

Q: Have you ensured that the version of the program you've downloaded is for 64-bit Windows? 

A:  Yes see screen captures attached below.

Q: Have you gone to Windows Update and ensured that your computer will get Microsoft Updates as well as Windows Updates and have you installed all of the updates, even the non-critical ones that don't install automatically?

A:  Yes up to date. only update not loaded was the bing tool bar and I don't want it.

Q: Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple? 

A: Version 7.7.4 (1680.86)  latest version

Q: Have you got at least 4 gig of RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive? 

A:  I have 8 gig of RAM with a 1 Tb hard drive with 723 Mgb free disk space, none fragmented.

Adobe error 1.jpg

I have also tried a clean boot and reinstallation of Premiere Elements trial version and still can't make it work.and I still get these messages.

Adobe error 2.jpg

Thes eare the two screenshots associated with this install.

What do you think?

MW

• 3. Re: Unable to complete the installation of Premiere Elements 12
              MidWestRC Level 1

Steve:

Before I tried to download PE12, I read reviews, system requirements and more reviews.

It seems like PE no matter what version, has lots of issues, prior, during and after it is downloaded. You'd think a premiere company like Adobe who is well into the versions 12 and higher, would have this stuff worked out in Beta so it would not cause so much anxt with users.

I laways make sure my system is running smoothly and up to date, and have no issues with other downloads, which poibnts back to Adobe again.

So far, it gets 2 stars.  When I can eventually get in and start playng with the trial version, I will post my review again.  On Download.com it also gets 2 stars from users.

MW

• 4. Re: Unable to complete the installation of Premiere Elements 12
                MidWestRC Level 1

I am considering the trial version of PE12 before I purchase, but going into it, does not give me much hopes if I can't even download it without issues. 

We are switching from a couple of older competiton products and are interested in PE12 for publishing YouTube vids.  I'm glad I tried downloading the trial version before slapping cash down for it and getting frustrated that I can't use it and paid for it.

Any other suggestions?

MW

• 5. Re: Unable to complete the installation of Premiere Elements 12
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

For the download, have you:

Turned OFF your anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-everything software?

Turned OFF you firewall?

Those are two things that can interfere with the download.

Good luck,

Hunt