2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 10:06 AM by Larusa

Indesign copy pasting text- change of font issue

Larusa

Hi, I recently reinstalled InDesign CC to try to clear some glitches. The text align left shortcut is not working still and now when copying and pasting from and into an Indesign doc, the font will change.

Thanks

Marj

• 1. Re: Indesign copy pasting text- change of font issue
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

On your Mac, open System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts. In the Services section, uncheck Search with Google, which is stealing your shortcut.

One explanation for the change of font is that the text is formatted using styles, and the same style name may have a different definition in the destination document.

• 2. Re: Indesign copy pasting text- change of font issue
            Larusa Level 1

Steve you are THE BEST!. I called Adobe two days ago, they couldn't fix it, I talked to 4 different people and I'm still waiting for their call back today.

Your answer fixed my problem. thank you so much!

I do have another issue though...when pasting text between InDesign docs that don't have a text style, the font and color will change.

I tried to fix the font part by changing the basic paragraph (default) without any InDesign doc opened and checked the "no break" option under paragraph styles options/basic character formats/not break. I fixed one but the text color still changing.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks.