2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 5:23 PM by Josh_Corey

Submit Button on Google Chromebook

Toadmiller

I have a form that is setup in Forms Central which has a "Submit" button on it and it works normally from any desktop PC. However, when I try to submit the form from Chrome on a Google Chromebook, it's as if the Submit button has been disabled. Al other elements of my form work normally. Any suggestions? I have tried enabling and disable the default Chromebook PDF reader and also installed the ActiveX extensions, but no luck.

• 1. Re: Submit Button on Google Chromebook
          Toadmiller Level 1

Just a follow up... Looks like Chrome puts its own version of a PDF viewer in the browser. Their version of the viewer seems to disable the Submit button. Bummer. This makes deplyment in the field tough, as it's hard to tell Chrome users how to disable that plugin.

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

• 2. Re: Submit Button on Google Chromebook
            Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

The Chromebook and FormsCentral PDF forms are unfortunately not really compatible, FormsCentral PDF forms require Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to fill them out and submit back to FormsCentral.  The Chromebook does not have installed software and does not support Adobe Reader.

You could use a web form instead of PDF, that would have better compatibility.  In general we do not recommend having the PDF open in a web browser since browsers handle PDF differently and some such as Chrome use their own viewer: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

Thanks,

Josh