3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 7:23 AM by Peter Spier

Unable to open ID CS 5

addy1cat

First, crashed when opening an existing document

Second, crashes everytime try to open CS 5

Did an uninstall. Went to cloud and did a new install. Same problem.

Tried to download CC version, even though I don't want to change to newer version. and would not complete the download.

Must have something going on that I can't see.

• 1. Re: Unable to open ID CS 5
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like the recovery data is corrupt. Find and empty the InDesign Recovery folder (see Replace Your Preferences) for where to look fo the default location -- it's normally in the same folder withthe InDesign Defaults file and it will be hidden in most recent OS versions.

• 2. Re: Unable to open ID CS 5
            addy1cat Level 1

I can't find these files. I believe it is because I did an UNINSTALL and then INSTALL. Unless I am looking in the wrong place.

I do have a CS4 active version still on my computer, but of course, it won't open my newer files.

What I found in LIbrary is a folder named Adobe InDesign. In that folder is a folder are 4 folders: Version 5.0, Version 6.0, Version 7.5 and Version 9.0 and this one is empty.

These folders have "InDesign Defaults" but don't have "SavedData".

Suggestions?

• 3. Re: Unable to open ID CS 5
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You're in the wrong folder. Look at the paths carefully. There are two folders involved, and the paths look similar if you are not paying close attention.