2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2014 4:04 PM by creativespiritworks

InDesign Text Frames Not Selectable or Editable

Shofford_CMG

I am creating a booklet for a client where I place a Microsoft Word document into a text box and then format the text. I have done this same process countless times in the past, but this time as I'm in the middle of cut/pasting and formatting the text, all of my text frames lock up. I cut text out of the text frame with the placed text and I can no longer select anything. It basically acts like the frames are locked, but they are not. If I change to the selection tool after I cut the text and try to click and drag to select a frame, I notice that pulling up the Edit drop-down menu, I have the option to Undo Move Item, but I'm not seeing that I have moved anything.

I am using InDesign CC version 9.1 on my iMac Mid 2010 running OS X 10.9.1. I have quit InDesign and started it back up again, I also tried deleting the Cache and Preferences folders (after quiting InDesign and starting it back up again), I have also shut down my computer and started it back up again. None of these fixed the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott