4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2007 9:59 AM by CatBandit

Additional swf animations

RDCBLANK
      Good morning...does any have any suggestions on how or where to obtain additional .swf animations that can be used with Captivate 3? Is there a way to take clipart animiations and use them?

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Additional swf animations
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi RDCBLANK

Have you examined the animations that Captivate supplies? There are 175 of them that ship with Captivate. If you are looking for others, you might wish to check out FlashKit. Click here to visit FlashKit.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Additional swf animations
            RDCBLANK Level 1
            I must be missing something. How can I find the 175 that are provided?
            • 3. Re: Additional swf animations
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi there

Click Insert > Animation... and unless you have changed it, Captivate should automatically open the dialog to the "SWF Animation" folder. Inside this folder should be folders named Arrows, Bullets, Highlights and Others.

If the dialog isn't opening there for some reason, try finding this path: (Assuming a default installation)

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 3\Gallery\SWF Animation

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Additional swf animations
                CatBandit Level 3
                Hi RDCBLANK,
                You might want to invest in a membership at Animation Factory. It is located (predictably) at: www.animationfactory.com
                They have SWF animations as well as animated GIF images that Captivate can convert to SWF animations once inserted.

It is not free, though you can browse enough to get an idea of what you get before you actually purchase a membership. I've been a member since time began, and can attest that the "platinum" membership (or whatever it is that gets you access to Flash and everything else) is well worth the price ... IF you find a need for backgrounds, static images, or any kind of animations on a regular basis.

Hope this is helpful ...