8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2014 4:16 PM by Nancy O. RSS

Fluid grid layout won't open

Bigredbus Web Design Community Member

I simply create a new fluid grid layout.. name and save the default css file ...name and save the default first page and upload to my server.

Everything works fine and I am able to work on the page in dreamweaver cc as a fluid grid layout.

But when i close down dream weaver, (even if i do no more than save the two files and dont edit anything else) and reopen dreamweaver cc i can no longer work in fluid grid layout, dreamweaver doesnt recognise the page (default) as fluid grid layout and i cannot see the little button that toggles fluid grid layout on and off.

I have not edited the css file or the page in anyway.

someone suggested i go to visual aids and enable fluid grid guides .... but this does not exist and there is no longer a fluid grid button next to the live view button.

I really need to get this working, fluid grid layouts are useless if you cant edit them after creating them

Here is the default code

<!doctype html>
      <!--[if lt IE 7]> <html class="ie6 oldie"> <![endif]-->
      <!--[if IE 7]>    <html class="ie7 oldie"> <![endif]-->
      <!--[if IE 8]>    <html class="ie8 oldie"> <![endif]-->
      <!--[if gt IE 8]><!-->
      <html class="">
      <meta charset="utf-8">
      <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
      <title>Untitled Document</title>
      <link href="boilerplate.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
      <link href="/test2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
      To learn more about the conditional comments around the html tags at the top of the file:

Do the following if you're using your customized build of modernizr (http://www.modernizr.com/):
      * insert the link to your js here
      * remove the link below to the html5shiv
      * add the "no-js" class to the html tags at the top
      * you can also remove the link to respond.min.js if you included the MQ Polyfill in your modernizr build
      <!--[if lt IE 9]>
      <script src="http://html5shiv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js"></script>
      <script src="respond.min.js"></script>
      <div class="gridContainer clearfix">
        <div id="div1" class="fluid">Use Insert Panel for additional Fluid Grid Layout Elements. Note: All Fluid Layout tags must be contained within the "gridContainer" div tag.</div></div>

Thanks in advance for any replies