3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2006 11:50 AM by Peter Grainge

Incorrect format in _ns.css stylesheet

Morning All,

My first post. Using RH X5, I've modified the H2 formatting to be Arial 14 Regular. My source style sheet, style1.css, is correct. The output style sheet style1.css is correct and all looks as expected in IE. However, the generated style1_ns.css shows H2 as Arial 14 *Bold* and the heading looks bad in Mozilla. I can't figure out why the stylesheet isn't being generated with the updated formats. Below is the snippet from style1_ns.css (note that the LI.kadov-H2 has the correct formatting):

H2 {
      font-family:Arial, sans-serif;
      font-size:14pt;
      background-color:Transparent;
      font-style:normal;
      font-weight:bold; }

LI.kadov-H2 {
      font-family:Arial, sans-serif;
      font-size:14pt;
      font-style:normal;
      font-weight:normal; }

I've read the archives and tried several things with no success:
      - creating my own style1_ns.css file and adding it to the Baggage files (Robohelp renamed it when outputting it to the Webhelp folder and generated the incorrect style1_ns.css)
      - deleting style1_ns.css and regenerating
      - deleting the .cpd and regenerating
      - etc.

I've saved a corrected version of style1_ns.css and am reluctantly prepared to repeatedly copy it back into the Webhelp folder, but I'm wondering if anyone understands what's going on and can provide a workaround.

Thanks!
      Diana (DTGee)
        • 1. Re: Incorrect format in _ns.css stylesheet
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum and Good Afternoon

Personally I always edit my style sheet using Top Style Pro (there's a free lite version) which keeps it free of all kadov stuff and makes it easier to grasp what is going on.

I am not sure why you are having a problem but I notice that H2 says font-weight:bold while the kadov version which is, I think, just to display things in the WYSIWYG editor says normal. From what I can see the kadov version of a tag should be the same so perhaps that is what is behind the problem?

• 2. Re: Incorrect format in _ns.css stylesheet
            Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. However, the snippet I provided is from the *generated* _ns.css file, which I have no control over. The setting for H2 in my source style sheet is as follows:

H2 {
            font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
            font-size: 14pt;
            background-color: Transparent;
            font-style: normal;
            font-weight: normal;
            }

RH is not picking up the Normal font-weight for the generated _ns.css stylesheet.

Thanks,
            Diana
            • 3. Re: Incorrect format in _ns.css stylesheet
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              Does your source style sheet have any kadov stuff in it?

Would you be willing to put the css in a zip file and send it to me?

1 person found this helpful