I'm trying to export a video and I keep on running into this error message, which stops the export process. I've already visited and tried the troubleshooting suggestions on this page and this page, and this page, and none of those suggestions have worked. Here's a list of what failed:
- Export in various file formats, every single one failed
- I removed each asset individually and tried to export the video after each removal (100+ assets, imagine how long that took) and I got the error after every single time
- I removed the front half of the video and tried exporting, still failed.
- I removed the back half of the video (because if it failed if I removed the front, the problem asset should be in the back, right? nope.) and tried exporting, it still failed.
- I don't have any Auto Color, Auto Contrast, Auto Levels, or Shadow/Highlight on any of my clips, although if I did, I'd try removing them.
- All of my video files are the same format, so it's not a mix of formats in my timeline which is causing the problem.
- I tried disabling auto-save, but it already tried to auto-save during the first 20 times I've attempted this, so the damage might already be done.
- I obviously didn't use any other programs during this process
- I moved all my assets to a different location on my harddrive, then reopened the project and refound the assests one by one, each of which had no problem getting into the timeline. I tried rendering after this, and the render bar sailed along until a certain point, where it got stuck indefinitely. I cancelled the render, which froze the program. I had to close it and re-open the project, and re -link every asset again. Once again there were no problems adding the assets. I saved the project before the next render, so I wouldn't have to do this a third time, and it was a good idea I did, because the program froze again during the subsequent render.
- My computer didn't go to sleep or hibernate during the first 5-10 times I tried various methods for exporting. It has slept in some of the 10+ times I've tried it since, because I don't have the patience to sit in front of my screen and watch it fail again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. CAN YOU TELL THAT I'M FRUSTRATED???
The first thing I noticed that was wonky with this project was when I first tried to render my sequence. The render window chugged along just fine until it got to a certain point (can't remember the %), at which point it got stuck indefinitely. I had to cancel the render, and then render other parts of the sequence bit by bit, avoiding what I thought was the problem part. I tried rendering the problem part, and it got stuck again, so I eventually just decided that that clip didn't need to be in this movie, so I deleted it from the timeline. All should be good at this point, my whole timeline is green from being rendered. But, when I tried to export the video, I started down this tourtuous path of failed exports and frustration, and now here I am, posting in the forum, hoping someone can help me out.
The problem asset (if that was the problem in the first place) isn't in the timeline any more, but I'm still having issues exporting the movie. The fact that rendering still gets stuck after re-linking assets, and after getting rid of the first problem asset, makes me think that there is some bigger underlying issue, but I have no idea what that could be. I followed these instructions and re-opened the project, tried to export, and still got that 'Unknown Error'.
Please assist before I put my fist through this company computer.