3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 2:46 PM by Adobe Blades

Not Photoshop screen for executing functions

Adobe Blades

I have dowloaded Photoshop CC on a trial basis but can't seem to execute anything other than the tutorials.  I don't get the screen from which to execute functions.  what have I done wrong?

Message was edited by: Brett N

• 1. Re: photoshop
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          1. Have you signed in to https://creative.adobe.com/products and downloaded CC?
          2. Windows: Can you launch the software via Start > Programs > Adobe > Photoshop CC?
          • 2. Re: photoshop
            Brett N Adobe Employee

A trial version of Photoshop is fully functional, there isn't anything that is restricted. What screen are you looking for? What functions are you trying to execute? Generally, the functions in Photoshop are executed from the Menu bar, the tools panel, or the other panels (Layers, Actions, History, etc). There is no screen for running functions. Unless you are refering to the Photoshop UI itself.

But you mention that you are able to run tutorials. What tutorials would those be? Photoshop doesn't come with any. Perhaps you have something other than Photoshop installed?

• 3. Re: Not Photoshop screen for executing functions
              Adobe Blades Level 1

Thank you very much.  I figured it out.  I signed on to Adobe Creative

Cloud. I downloaded the Photshop application and saw the tutorial for

Photoshop CC there and thought that's where I should execute Photoshop.  But

later I found the Photoshop icon as an App on my Windows 8 Start screen and

executed it from there.   Wish I had Windows 7