4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 1:50 PM by garethirwin1234

Oh thats nice

garethirwin1234 Level 1

I have been a sufferer of the devastantingly slow indesign cc, but the latest releases seems to have turbo boosted illustrator and indesign signficantly.

good work fellas and fellereses.

• 1. Re: Oh thats nice
          Doc Maik Level 4

Do not hail them too much. It was the same guys who made the former slow version, not caring about the problems users will have.

"Fellereses"? Funny word creation.

• 2. Re: Oh thats nice
            Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Doc Maik wrote:

Do not hail them too much. It was the same guys who made the former slow version, not caring about the problems users will have.

Absolutely ridiculous statement!

Of course they care... if they didn't care they wouldn't have bothered fixing it.

And the fact it took a long time to fix really tells the tale of how much work and research into problems they had to do.

Problem with launching a multi-platform software is that there's no way you can test it on every machine out there, or with every single Operating System, every single font, every single peripheral, and every other et al things.

There's no way to test on Operating Systems that are not released, or not supported, there's no way to test on updates that Operating Systems release after the launch of a product.

They just have to deal with issues that come up for people who work all over the world, in 100s of different languages and 100s of different firewalls, antivirus software and 1000s of things to consider.

Every release of every software on the planet, and operating system and peripherals have teething problems that require fixes.

Those fixes will need fixes. And then new releases will need fixes.

That's just how every company working in computers/software works.

And I won't accept a backtracking statement if you make one.

Reel in the whole "consipracy theory" thing and take it for what it is.

• 3. Re: Oh thats nice
              Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

garethirwin1234 wrote:

I have been a sufferer of the devastantingly slow indesign cc, but the latest releases seems to have turbo boosted illustrator and indesign signficantly.

good work fellas and fellereses.

Glad it's working better for you.

What sort of issues were you receiving and what specifically were key changes for you?

• 4. Re: Oh thats nice
                garethirwin1234 Level 1

Well I do not believe I was alone on OSX having a real bad time with indesign in particular, very slow to do anything.

In fact it was so slow that even typing caused issues, if you typed to quickly the mac would beep at you and letters would be missed.

Moving graphics around, heck pretty much anything involving using indesign was nightmarish. The latest update for me at least appears to have dramatically improved things.