3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 4:12 PM by sjpt

1069 error

Penelope Jean Level 1

When I try to download a book on kobo vox I get a 1069 error?

• 1. Re: 1069 error
          sjpt Level 4

Is this downloading from ADE (Digital Editions) to the kobo,

or direct from some vendor/lender to the kobo?

If it is the first, please give more details.

If it is the second you had better ask on a Kobo forum.

• 2. Re: 1069 error
            Penelope Jean Level 1

I downloaded overdrive from my library. I have used it for over a year and now it will not work gives me a 1069 adobe error. I have a book to download and it will not let  me do it

• 3. Re: 1069 error
              sjpt Level 4

On http://forums.androidcentral.com/barnes-noble-nook-color/125928-error-code-1069-overdrive. html

Eventually (and thanks to some trouble-shooting directions posted at ) we went to the app menu within Overdirve and opted to de-authorize the app, and then re-authorized it. That worked.

Apparently the problem was that the re-installed app "knew" that it had been authorized, but the authorization file was missing. Deauthorizing and then reauthorizing recreated the file, and all is well.

I have certainly seen similar with ADE (digital editions) where it gets screwed up authorization and needs deauthorize/reauthorize.

~~~

Quite a lot of people have authorization problems with the overdrive app.

The Bluefire app seems much more reliable; try installing that and seeing if it helps.

It may be slightly more awkward to use than Overdrive for library books; you may have to download and open separately rather than as a single step.

It will also read any other Adobe DRM books.

1 person found this helpful