• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Streaming videos in multiple-bitrates without manually creating video files in each b

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to have a media file that I can stream at multiple bitrates using FFMPEG (for encoding and multiple bitrate generation) and Flash Media Server (for streaming)

In "LIVE BROADCASTING" ffmpeg made multiple bitrate videos from a single bitrate source but there were no files for the different bitrates. A file would be created for different bitrates when a viewer requested that bitrate streaming video but when a request was terminated the generated file was deleted.

So I searched in Flash Media Server and found (hds-vod), but in hds-vod I should create one file for every bitrate, for example if I have 2000 videos in my archive with HD quality (1024 kbps) I should make 4 videos with different bitrates from one video and together I have created 10,000 videos.

So to have 2000 videos in five bitrates (1024k, 760k, 320k, 145k, 64k), and now I have 10,000 videos. I have space for 2000 videos and I don't have free space in my server for 10,000 video files.

I want to stream "ON-DEMAND" videos in my server and not have the different bitrate files be continually generated like this.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines