7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 9:43 AM by Tim Kurkoski

Network-Rendering with 3 machines

Simpit

Hi,

is there any chance to render with more than two machines in CS6? Trying to install a small (non commerial) renderfarm (3 machines) I got the message that´s not possible to render with only one licence!

• 1. Re: Network-Rendering with 3 machines
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What is the exact text of the message that you are referring to?

See this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/06/codecs-and-the-render-engine-in-after-effects- cs6.html

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Network-Rendering with 3 machines
            Simpit Level 1

Rendering in "AE" on a third computer I get the message, that the third installation has to be deactivated.

When I start the "AE render machine" on an the third computer I get no message, but the results of rendering (psd-files) in the AE watch folder nevertheless has crossed red lines !!!!

• 3. Re: Network-Rendering with 3 machines
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Red crossed lines come from third party plug-ins that have not been registered. They have nothing to do with network rendering.

• 4. Re: Network-Rendering with 3 machines
                Simpit Level 1

That´s not the answer to my question. The licence rules are well known.

The question is wether it´s possible to render with more than two machines and one licence.

HTH Swag says in this tutorial with "AE render machine" it´s possible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ZDqUAEf0Q

Also it´s possible to define 99 render-machines in the watchfolder-rendersettings:

Bild7.jpg

I cannot believe that Adobe requires 44 licences only for rendering in this way   !

• 5. Re: Network-Rendering with 3 machines
                  Simpit Level 1

No answer from Adobe  to a simple question???

Strange!!!

Ok, I try it with an Adobe support ticket. Otherwise I suppose it´s not possible to create a render farm with Adobe products. Rendering with only 2 machine cannot be effectively a "render farm" at best a render machine with support by an other computer.

• 6. Re: Network-Rendering with 3 machines
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Simpit wrote:

No answer from Adobe  to a simple question???

Strange!!!

Were you expecting an answer from an Adobe employee in a user-to-user forum over a weekend? This is not an official Adobe support venue; this is a place for users to chat with each other. The Adobe employees that you see coming in here is out of their own dedication to their product. Even so, I wouldn't expect to see them in here on a weekend. I expect them to be at home with their families.

If you need quick help, the official Adobe support is the best way to go.

• 7. Re: Network-Rendering with 3 machines
                      Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

Simpit - the link Todd provided gives you the instructions to use a single license of After Effects with an unlimited number of render node computers.

Rick's suggestion of having unlicensed plugins on your render nodes is my best bet for what you're seeing. You may need to temporarily activate After Effects on each computer to complete the licensing for your plugins. After that is complete you can deactive (Help > Deactivate) After Effects on the render nodes. Contact the publisher of your plugins for more specific information about their licensing requirements.

Otherwise, you have not provided us with enough information about the problem you are experiencing. Provide the specific error you are getting. Screenshots are helpful.