24 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 11:26 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio

Mark0815

Hi!

The Testversion Element 12 is always crashing when I click Audio....

What to do?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Are you working on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit or Mac 64 bit (some version)?

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please provide computer hardware details... brand/model computer and sound card, to start... plus, exactly what are you editing?

• 3. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, is your audio a WAV file or some other format?

• 4. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Please clarify what you meant by "Audio".

I intepreted that to mean the Audio Tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements 12 workspaces. All of the Content under that tab is either Music Score or Sound Effects and all the files are .wav audio.

Therefore I think that SG is interpreting what you wrote differently than I did when he writes "....is your audio a WAV or some other format?". There is no other format under "Audio" but wav.

Answers will be in details. So, please, a few more details to help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                  Mark0815 Level 1

Hallo!

Thanks for the answers!

I have Windows 7, 64bit, Acer Aspire 7750G, Intel i5, 2,4GHz, 1GB Vram, 8GB Memory

With audio I mean:

When I click on the Audio Tab at the bottom( between Effecte and Graphics), a windows open and in the same second it crash. So I can not tell  what is in this Tab. But when I open and import a Audio file (mp3) in the timeline, it works.

• 6. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                    Mark0815 Level 1

Hallo!

Thanks for the answers!

I have Windows 7, 64bit, Acer Aspire 7750G, Intel i5, 2,4GHz, 1GB Vram, 8GB Memory

With audio I mean:

When I click on the Audio Tab at the bottom( between Effecte and Graphics), a windows open and in the same second it crash. So I can not tell  what is in this Tab. But when I open and import a Audio file (mp3) in the timeline, it works.

• 7. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Thank you for the additional information about your Premiere Elements 12 Windows crashes related to the Audio Tab.

1. Do you get the same program crashes if you access the Audio Tab from the Quick as well as the Expert workspace?

2. Under the Audio Tab, you will find thumbnails tracing back to Music Scores and Sound Effects files on the computer hard drive. Can you find those files on the computer hard drive in the path....

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the Online Folder is included the Music Score Folder and Sound Track Folder.

If you explore each folder, what do you find when you go the route to files within the primary folders there?

3. In that bottom row of tabs in the Expert workspace, does clicking on Instant Movie, Titles & Text, Graphics also cause program crash or is the crash specific to clicking on the Audio Tab there?

4. When you installed Premiere Elements 12, did you install via an installation disc or download files from Adobe or other? Did you allow the program to be installed to the default locations or did you customize the install?

Looking forward to further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                        Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano!

1) Yes, also crashing with Audio Tab form Expert workspace...

2) Under Adobe-Primiere Elements there is NO folder with the name Online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) The other are working. ONLY Audio is crashing.

4) Downloaded from Adobe. I downloaded an installed it two times. With the same result. I allowded to be installed to the default locations.

Thanks for your HELP!

• 9. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Thanks for the follow up details.

You wrote:

2) Under Adobe-Primiere Elements there is NO folder with the name Online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Online Folder is there (needs to be). As said before

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Please be working with Folder Option "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" active in order to see this path. Do you see the Online folder then? Have you done a custom install of the program or have you let it default to the default?

The Instant Movie, Titles & Text, Movie Menus, Graphics (Clip Arts) all work off files in the Online Folder, so it must be there. Please give another look for that Online Folder and the Music Scores and Sound Effects Folders in the Online Folder. If you do not find it, then please check the computer as a whole for one or more Online Folders.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                            Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano,

Sorry, I was looking in the program folder and not in Program data...

Yes, the folder is there!!! see foto

online-folder Elements.JPG

In the music score is the folder All_lang and there is, for example  in the Ambiente/Aura folder: one wav file,  and one XML-Document.

BUT!!! in the Sound Effect folder, for example the Ambiente folder: MOST of the folders are EMTY

I allowded to be installed to the default locations.

• 11. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Thanks for the helpful information.

Before you consider what follows below, with Premiere Elements 12 closed, disable the anti-virus and firewalls. Then open a new Premiere Elements 12 project and click on the Audio Tab and see what happens. If same as usual.....

Since you wrote test Premiere Elements 12 and Windows 7 64 bit, I am assuming that you are using  the download and installation files from Adobe.

I am not sure if you can get another download of the program from Adobe, but at the least

a. If applicable, go to Premiere Elements 12 open project, Help Menu/Sign Out, and do just that. Close out of there.

b. Go to the Control Panel/Installed Program and uninstall Premiere Elements 12.

c. Run the ccleaner (cleaner and registry parts)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

d. Disable all anti-virus and firewalls.

e. Reinstall Premiere Elements 12.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano,

Yes ist crashes also when firewall is disable...

Thanks for your time, but the other steps I dont want to do.

If ADOBE can not proviede a normal funktion of there program, I dont like to cclean with a program I dont know and also to install a program without running a anti-virus and firewall sounds very unusualy for me.

So I think I will look for an other software, that works.

Are you working from ADOBE? Am I the only downloader that has this problem?

Thanks

• 13. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Thanks for the follow up.

This is not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflow issue. I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way...no relatives there either.

I was looking forward to trying to help you with this challenging issue. So far your report on this Audio Button (Music Score and Sound Effects) issue is the only one I have seen here or online. There is a user (Daran66) who is going through a rough time with Content download but not focused on the Audio Tab as in your case.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5986549#5986549

The suggested troubleshooting steps are not unusal and typically are effective in ruling in or out factors contributing to issues to get to the core of the issue. If you do not wish to continue with the troubleshooting specific to Premiere Elements or with Premiere Elements in general, so be it. My only interest and priority is that you find a video editor that works for you, be it an Adobe product or other.

It may not expedite matters, but you could try just a program Sign Out, uninstall, reinstall and see if the problem is gone. If you need help with that now or at a later time, I would be glad for the opportunity to help.

Whatever the case, wishing you success in your video editing tool decision.

ATR

Add On...If want more immediate contact with Adobe, please consider using its Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

Click on the above link and, when it opens, click on "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat.

• 14. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                    Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano!

If you are not working for Adobe, than many THANKS for your time and effort!!!!!

What do you mean with Sign Out... help menu/sign out?

Thanks!

• 15. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Just to confirm. I am a nobody with an overactive troubleshooting gene when it comes to Premiere Elements.

Adobe allows your purchased serial number to be on no more than 2 of your computers. This brings in the factor of Activation - Deactivation. We will leave it at that for now. In many of the versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 12, you deactivated the program before uninstall. Deactivate and uninstall are not the same. To do Deactivation in 11 you would go to the opened program's Help Menu/Deactivate and click on Deactivate. Close out of there. And, then do the typical Control Panel uninstall. The counterpart of all that in version 12 is, in the opened project, Help Menu/Sign Out. Close out of there. Then the Control Panel route for uninstall.

ATR

• 16. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                        Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano!

OK understand. But if I uninstall, do I have to download it again? Ore is the .exe and data files still on the computer??? You wrote, that  after two downloads it is no more possibel? I downloaded it already two times......

Thanks

• 17. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

If you are working with the tryout of Premiere Elements 12, then you have the download files on your computer. They are not uninstalled when you uninstall the installed program. So, you can reinstall from them (their setup.exe). Can you find them on your computer? You designated the save location for the download files at download.

I have always understood that Adobe allows for no more than one download of a version per Adobe ID/Password request. You would need to check with Adobe on how to handle the situation of tryout downloaded files that got deleted after installation of the tryout because you thought that you did not need them. If I uninstalled the program within the 30 days of the tryout, I could always reinstall it with those downloaded files.

ATR

Add On...My comment about no more than 2 refers to purchased serial number installed on no more than 2 of your computers. Different matter.

• 18. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                            Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano!

It WORKED!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

• 19. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Can you hear me applauding your success across the miles.

GREAT. MAGNIFICENT. WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

Stick-to-it-tiveness and the spirit of never give up won out for you.

You have made my day with your good news.

Thanks for that follow ups. It will be helpful to all.

ATR

• 20. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                                Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano!

When I buy the software, Adobe should give you an commision!!!

Greetings and thanks

Mark

• 21. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                                  Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano!

Bad news! Now Elements 12 is always crashing when I like to colse it.

With this I could live.... BUT... the first price they show me to buy Elements 12 was arround 70,-- UDS.

But NOW, when I wanted to buy........ they want 133,-- USD !!!!! Are they crasy??????

• 22. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Very bad news. Sorry about that.

Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 installations as well as reinstallations have proven to be major hassles. And, I am installing from purchased installation disc. The reinstall is another troubleshooting headache. In Premiere Elements 12 I went through one phase where I installed the program OK, but File Menu/New/Project took 1 to 2 minutes to open. And, closing the program took from 1 to 3 minutes. No crashes unless I tried to hurry the close along.

After extensive troubleshooting, the problem persisted. I decided to accept the slow opening and slow closing syndrome and move on to other thing. The think about it tomorrow approach. The problems resolved themselves. Whys unanswered.

In your current situation....

a. Right click the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon and select/click Run As Administrator

b. Run the ccleaner, both the regular cleaner and registry part

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

c. Check to assure that you do not have pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files.

d. Going after the Start Up programs got me nowhere.

e. Other, too numerous to mention.

As for the pricing...are you outside the USA? Do you have a prior version of Premiere Elements? For USA and prior version, you should be able to get upgrade pricing at Adobe. Premiere Elements is a standalone program. Upgrade related to it is only related to pricing.

You can always buy where you get the best price from an authorized reseller and then insert your purchased serial number in the tryout that you have installed.

Please check out the above and let us know the outcome....better news I hope.

Thanks.

ATR

• 23. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                                      Mark0815 Level 1

Hi Romano!

On Amazone I could get Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 for 94,-- USD.

So I think, ... only for Premiere Elements 12, with all this crashes FOR 133,-- USD is a brashness.

I will keep you informed if I buy the program.

Thanks.

• 24. Re: Elements 12 crashing when clicking Audio
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark0815

Thanks for the update.

Consider before you buy whether you want to buy the boxed packaging from an authorized reseller

a. that comes with installation discs for Windows AND Mac

b. Adobe does not sell the boxed packaging, only the download which is specific for the operating system to which it is being downloaded.

If you buy a download instead of boxed from an authorized reseller, it would be expected that the purchased download would be specific for the operating system to which it is being downloaded.

We will be watching for further developments. Just in case note, please read carefully the description of the product that you order if you do decide to purchase the product.

Thanks.

ATR