6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2014 1:40 PM by A.T. Romano

How to change presets for Photos 1024 X 768 Premiere 11

jrodriguez6

How can I change the presets on Premiere 11 to work with Photos 1024 X 768 or 2592 x 1944 or 3648 x 2736. I want to use Premiere but I take more photos than video.

• 1. Re: How to change presets for Photos 1024 X 768 Premiere 11
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are you going to do with the photos... write a DVD or BluRay, or write a computer file?

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links about project settings

• 2. Re: How to change presets for Photos 1024 X 768 Premiere 11
            jrodriguez6 Level 1

Thanks for the reply John.

I was planing to make a movie and put it on DVD Wide Screen 16:9. The Pictures are all 4:3. Like I posted. I tried using them before with the presets set to DSLR 720p 1280 x 720 but inputing the pictures there was a lot of dead space all around the Picture. I did a sample and the out put still looked funny because of the empty space on a wide screen.

• 3. Re: How to change presets for Photos 1024 X 768 Premiere 11
              nealeh Level 5

Well by definition you're going to have dead space left & right of the image because you are displaying a 4:3 image on a 16:9 screen. You might want to consider cropping the stills to a 16:9 format for a more aesthetically pleasing result.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: How to change presets for Photos 1024 X 768 Premiere 11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jrodriguez6

For your consideration....

If you have Premiere Elements 11 in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit (and depending on overall system resources)....assuming a NTSC setup....

a. Set the Premiere Elements 11 project preset manually

File Menu/New/Project

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

before you close out of that area, make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

b. In the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace/ Edit Menu/Preferences/General remove any check mark next to "Default Scale To Frame Size". Import the photos into the project via Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the photos to the Timeline.

c. From the Timeline, scale each (Constrain Proportions checked in Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Scale property) so that the images fill the space in the monitor provided by the project preset.

d. Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

What does that look like?

Further details on the above to come along with any clarification requested.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Done as suggested will leave no black borders.

• 5. Re: How to change presets for Photos 1024 X 768 Premiere 11
                  jrodriguez6 Level 1

This works but I have to do it 125 jpgs. It will take tons of time. I have 2 dvds that I have to do.

Thanks

Romano

• 6. Re: How to change presets for Photos 1024 X 768 Premiere 11
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jrodriguesz6

If not individual photo adjustments...

Since you are going from 4:3 images to a 16:9 project, best results with those photos would be expected  by batch cropping/resizing rather than just resizing. Please look at the free IrfanView program for the batch cropping and resizing and see if that works for you.

http://www.irfanview.com/

We can discuss this and other next if interested.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR