2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2006 4:39 AM by Newsgroup_User

Web Photo Gallery Templates

dblaylock
      I'm trying to track down the template files that DW8 and Fireworks use to create the web photo gallery. I'm trying to automate this process as much as possible and would rather have the album pages created the way I want them to look rather than having to go back and apply my template to the pages afterwards. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

TIA for your help.
        • 1. Re: Web Photo Gallery Templates
          Level 7
          Being as this a DW ng and all I thought you might prefer a DW plug in that
          is incredibly neat and gets you exceptionally professional looking results.
          Does all that you are after (except thumbs down the side) and is fully
          compliant and if you don't like the look you tweak the css not the gallery,
          so no rebuilding involved.

http://www.projectseven.com/products/galleries/index.htm

Best regards

Hywel Harris

"dblaylock" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:eb7o4d$46c$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm trying to track down the template files that DW8 and Fireworks use to
          > create the web photo gallery. I'm trying to automate this process as much
          > as
          > possible and would rather have the album pages created the way I want them
          > to
          > look rather than having to go back and apply my template to the pages
          > afterwards. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?
          >
          > TIA for your help.
          >

• 2. Re: Web Photo Gallery Templates
            Level 7
            Am 07.08.2006 schrieb dblaylock:

> I'm trying to automate this process as much as
            > possible and would rather have the album pages created the way I want them to
            > look rather than having to go back and apply my template to the pages
            > afterwards. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

I searched my computer for the template. I took a finished gallery
            page from my site, copied it to the folder, the gallery templates are
            in and renamed it. I inserted the placeholders from the original
            template into my own template and voila:-)

It is important to take a finished page as a template for the correct
            linking and import of the style-sheet(s).

And because you choose a finished page (which come from your DW
            template) any changes in your DW template will affect your galleries
            as well.

When you create a new gallery, choose your new template.

Hope that helps:-)

Greetings
            Inge Grotjahn