1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2007 6:47 PM by steve.ro

Masking clip while tweening alpha

steve.ro
      I am able to set a msk successfully on dynamically loaded movieclip, but when I tween the clip's alpha property, the mask is no longer applied. Here is the tween:
      _alpha_tween = new Tween(_container_mc.getInstanceAtDepth(_establishedDepth), "_alpha", Regular.easeOut, 100, 0, 2, true);

movieclip <_container_mc> contains a clip at depth <_establishedDepth>. I reference this clip using the getInstanceAtDepth method because I am swapping depths between 2 clips in <_container_mc> and cannot know which one is that depth. That does not seem to cause a problem. The mask applies fine. The problem comes only when this tween starts, and the mask no longer applies.
        • 1. Re: Masking clip while tweening alpha
          steve.ro Level 1
          OK, I figured it out. I tried using the Tween class with the _alpha property; no luck. Then i tried using the transitionManager, still did not work. Turns out you cannot use the same mask clip on more than one movieclip. It was not apparent at first, because the clip only updated when the alpha was changed, so it appeared that using the mask was working until that point, when, in fact, it was not.