7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 7:47 PM by A.T. Romano

Question

keadams1960

what do I do when the replay monitor function does not work? Thanks

• 1. Re: Question
          A.T. Romano Level 7

keadams1960

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and in what computer operating system is it running?

Please detail what is this Premiere Elements "replay monitor function" to which you refer.

a. play back of the rendered Timeline content in the Edit Mode monitor

b. play back of the Timeline content in the Preview Window

Then the usual drill question

a. Is your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card

b. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements

c. Are you working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges or with the program set Run As Administrator

d. What are the properties of what you have on that Timeline and what is the project preset

e. Do the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the full contents of your Timeline at play back.

Please review. If any questions or need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Question
            keadams1960 Level 1

Hi, I have Premier Elements 11 and I use Windows 8. The issues is the play

back of the Timeline content in the Preview Window.

I am not sure how to do:  a.) Is your video card driver up to date

according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card

Thanks

• 3. Re: Question
              A.T. Romano Level 7

keadams1960

What is the name of your computer's video card? Is the brand NVIDIA, ATI (AMD)....?

If you do not know, go to the Device Manager/Display Adapters/. The name of your video card should be listed under Display Adapters. Check to see if you have one or two video cards listed.

Please let us know if you are OK with those instructions. If not, please let us know where you need supplemental information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Question
                keadams1960 Level 1

Thanks for your suggestion. I will work with my son to get that information

to you tomorrow.

• 5. Re: Question
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

keadams1960

Thanks for the follow up.

So glad you did not say Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video card. There is an epidemic of display problems specific to that group.

Because of the nature of your issue, best we get the video card and its video card driver version ruled in or out. It could be that your video card driver needs updating. A BadDrivers.txt file deletion may be in order if you video card driver is already up to date. When you check your video card driver version, best do that at the web site of the manufacturer of the video card.

Another important information would be - is this a "it worked before but not now" issue or one where "it never worked before".

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

ATR

• 6. Re: Question
                    keadams1960 Level 1

Hi, we only have one card is Intel(R) HD graphics. How do I check my video

card driver? My son thinks that may be the problem. Thanks

• 7. Re: Question
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

keadams1960

Please go to the Intel web site for information on your Intel HD Graphics display card.

See if you can get the following Intel Utility to help you identify your video card driver and the need for any updates

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Are you using any High Contrast Windows themes?

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR