3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 9:16 PM by Sangeeta J Yelamali

Line Tool not working like CS6

Peter Bacall

Hi!

Straight to the point, the Line Tool doesn't snap like it used to in CS6 (and every earlier version). Unfortunately, this frustrates me alot

In CS6, the Line Tool snapped to other objects/lines/drawings when drawing, this was very useful for ALOT things (especially for a very fast workflow).

CS6 also showed a thick circle on the cursor when the lines were connected (see attachment).

In CC, the Line Tool doesn't snap at all... This forces me to zoom in 2000% to see if the lines are connected.

Is there a fix to this? I also noticed that the "Preferences" window lacks alot of important options, it is basically slimmed down for the dummies.

Hope someone have an answear and prove me retarded

Thanks in advance!

/Peter Bacall

ps. I love CC and Adobe but they have to stop removing things on every update.

Skärmavbild 2014-01-05 kl. 05.23.52.png

• 1. Re: Line Tool not working like CS6
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sometimes it is better to stick with what works.  If CS6 provides the features you need then you should use it instead of the CC version.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Line Tool not working like CS6
            Peter Bacall Level 1

Thanks for the reply!

Thought of that first, but it feels like I can't stick in the "past" when the programs and such things constantly develops. Especially when (for example) the After Effects CS6 does not work anymore with the new Mavericks OSX, then how long can I stick to my CS6 until the same happens? Don't know if my english is readable but I think you know what I mean

• 3. Re: Line Tool not working like CS6
              Sangeeta J Yelamali Employee Moderator

Going by your description  it looks like you have issues with line snapping while drawing the line. Tried verifying the same in house and we see line is snapping correctly when “snap to object “ is on. The only difference between CS6 and CC is: "snap to object" is off by default in CC and it is on in CS6. Once we enable "snap to object", line snaps correctly while drawing like it does in CS6.

1 person found this helpful