8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2014 2:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install

Caibre33

Hi, everyone, long time reader, first time poster. Today, while I was editing a video and it froze so I restarted my computer in hopes this would fix it (since it wouldn't close manually). However, when I got my computer back up the program was no longer launching. After browsing some posts on here, I decided to uninstall then reinstall it. I just got a new laptop which is an Acer Aspire that runs using Windows 8. Now the problem is, I can't install it! Everytime I try I recieve a shared technologies error that looks like the photo below. I have tried suggestions found on the fourms that I can comprehend, however I am not very 'techy' in this sense. I am only sixteen so certain fixes do confuse me since I get lost... So if anyone has found a solution please tell me and dumb it down a little bit . Also, I have disabled my virus software (McAfee) when installing and have checked task manager to see if Bridge or some other Adobe program was running with no luck. Space is not an issue, I still have 580gb of space left, so the program has plenty of elbow room.  Thanks for your help~!

screenblarg.PNG

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Caibre33

I was through the Shared Technologies crisis just last night with an attempted Photoshop Elements 12 install on Windows.

This problem is not restricted to a particular program, version, or computer environment. I had a mysterious fix for this a while back, but have recently been using the following which has a high success rate. Let us see if this works for you.

It would have helped if you had said what your computer operating system is. But, for now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, and we can fine tune next if not those.

Local Disc C

Program Files (X86)

Common Files

Adobe

OOBE

rename that OOBE folder from OOBE to OLDOOBE. Close out of there and start the installation process for your Premiere Elements.

If the path is incomplete, make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
            Caibre33 Level 1

I have tried your suggestion about the OOBE folder, however it didn't work and now there is an 'OLDOOBE' and 'OOBE'... sigh. Also, I am indeed using windows 8. When I was installing I did disable my anti-virus since I forgot to the first time, so I restarted and tried again with the anti-virus off yet still no luck. Also, I hate to be a bother but what exactly did you mean by,

"If the path is incomplete, make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path." ?

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Caibre33

Sorry the OOBE to OLDOOBE did not work for you as it did for Vesta

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5937637#5937637

and myself recently.

The Shared Technologies has had many fixes as you can judge from the following thread of not so long ago

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4955688

As I wrote in the 2012 thread, then what worked for me for doing the install using a USB 2.0 external DVD writer/reader instead of the computer built in DVD drive finally to get the program install.

Keep trying. Please review the above, and then please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

Do not give up.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
                Caibre33 Level 1

I actually do not have a built in DVD reader, I have been using an external one :/ that's how I've been installing all of my programs. I really don't want to, but I may just try to restore it to factory settings... then reinstall everything. I ran ASA and got this:

"cpsid_82829s1: "A restart is pending," bootstrapper error has occurred.

Click here for details and corrective actions related to this issue."

However I have restarted already quiet a few times ...

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Caibre33

Please go to Task Manager/Processes and End Process for any Adobe processes that may be open. Then go to Control Panel/Install Programs and check to see if Premiere Elements 9 is listed on the installed list somehow. If found, uninstall.

If you have not already, please old off going back to the factory setting for the computer.

Try the OOBE to OLDOOBE again.

If that does not work, then try copying the contents of the installation disc to the computer, and then trying to install the program from there using the Setup.exe file.

What is this ASA?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
                    Caibre33 Level 1

So I have checked the task manager and nothing adobe was open, I restarted it so only task manager was open at the time and scrolled down to see nothing adobe still. I also tried OLDOOBE again with no avail.

I will try that again the setup.exe, I have tried it a few times previously but I can do it again.

ASA? >>  http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/

I have now tried all your solutions and still nothing. I also told the installer to install to the hard drive to shorten the amount of characters and still nothing :/

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
                      nealeh Level 5

As well as the obvious Elements processes also kill dynamiclinkmanger.exe if it is running. Then when installing, right-click the setup.exe file and use 'Run as Administrator'.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 9: Shared Technologies Error on re-install
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Caibre33

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news is not better. This Shared Technologies installation problem is particularly frustrating, but we all seem to get beyond it when we least expect it. Been there and done that a few times now.

Please clear away your unfinished studies and then let us consider the following.

We may be getting to a point where all these incomplete installs and roll backs are leaving leftovers that are making the matter worse, if that is possible.

1. Assure that you see no obvious install in Control Panel/Installed Programs for Premiere Elements 9.

2. Uninstall Premiere Elements.

3. Run the ccleaner (cleaner and registry parts)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

4. Reinstall the program from the installation disc after you change the name of OOBE to OLDOOBE.

(Make sure to send any prior OLDOOBE files to the Recycle Bin...you want to leave that area with you seeing only one OLDOOBE file there.)

Consider the above and then let us know what you think. Take a break before proceeding further. And, then advanced refreshed to take on the troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR