2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2014 7:50 AM by Rick Gerard

Motion Tracking

Volkri

Well I'm new to VFX and I've been having this issue with being unable to Motion Track. I activate rolling shutter and have attempted to stablize my footage but I always end up with the same error after trying to motion track. "Analysis Failed, unable to solve camera for this frame." Any tips?

• 1. Re: Motion Tracking
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

It probably means what it says - there's not enough parallax and motion to establish a proper camera solution. Anyway, without seeing your footage nobody can say anything certain.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Motion Tracking
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Some shots will not stabilize or track, some will. Try trimming the in and out points so you are only stabilizing the part of the shot you need to use.

An example of a shot that will not stabilize is walking with the camera through a crowd of people where you don't have much of anything in the shot that is stationary. The tracker finds details on all of the people that are moving, tracks the guy walking left and the girl walking right, adds in the other guy walking toward you and the girl walking away. The track fails because everything in the scene in moving in a different direction.