5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2014 2:08 PM by A.T. Romano

Wie BadDrivers.txt löschen?

Selkingen

Die Meldung "Nicht kompatibler Display-Treiber wurde erkannt..." verhindert den Start von Premiere Elements 12. Das Problem soll durch Löschung der Datei BadDrivers.txt behoben werden. Die Datei finde ich wohl, kann sie aber nicht löschen - auch als Administrator (Windows 7) nicht.

• 1. Re: Wie BadDrivers.txt löschen?
          Barbara B. Level 7

Since your question is really about Premiere Elements and not Photoshop Elements, I'll move your post over there for you, since very few people here use PRE at all.

• 3. Re: Wie BadDrivers.txt löschen?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Selkingen

Putting the BadDrivers.txt file deletion question aside for the moment, please remember that Premiere Elements needs to be set for Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Priviledges. I have found no exceptions. Consider right clicking the desktop icon for Premiere Elements 12 and selecting Run As Administrator.

If your video card driver version has been found to be up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card, then you delete the BadDrivers.txt file to try to solve the issue.

In Windows 7 64 bit, the BadDrivers.txt file for Premiere Elements 12 is found in the path

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the Premiere Elements Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Important...the BadDrivers.txt file is a file that exists in the Premiere Elements Folder. It is not in a folder in the Premiere Elements Folder.

In order to see the complete path described, it is necessary to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Wie BadDrivers.txt löschen?
              Selkingen Level 1

Dear ATR, thank you.

I run the system as Administrtor.

The viedo card driver is up to date. Nevertheless I have downloaded and installed the the actuel driver posted on the web site of the manufacturer of the computer (HP).

I found the file BadDrivers.txt by the path you whrote and deleted it. The file appeared in the bin.

When I try to start Premiere Elemtens 12, I have still the same error message "Uncompatibel display driver...."

When I check the folder ProgramDate>Adobe>Premiere Elemtents the file BadDrivers.txt is still there. Content "##FALSE###FALSE#0"

I renamed the file: BadDrivers.txt and the new file appear.

The Editor of Premiere Elements do not start.

What should I do?

• 5. Re: Wie BadDrivers.txt löschen?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Selkingen

Once you delete the BadDrivers.txt file and reopen the program/project, a new BadDrivers.txt file will be generated by the program. That is normal. But, the display message should be expected to be gone. Apparently, deleting the BadDrivers.txt file and an up to date video card driver version are not the answers.

Please check the computer's Device Manager to see the name of your video card. Do you see one or two display cards listed on Device Manager/Display Adapters. If you have two video cards, there may be a conflict between the two and Premiere Elements. One may have to be disabled.

Thank you. We will be watching for your results.

ATR