6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2014 8:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Adjusting Contrast, Exposure, etc. throughout a video - PE 11

Buddycat Level 1

I thought I could use the Keyframes to make adjustments between my light and dark scenes of my video, but havne't figured it out.   What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Adjusting Contrast, Exposure, etc. throughout a video - PE 11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should be able to do that, if you open the keyframe controller in the Adjustments panel.

Have you opened the keyframe controller by clicking the little stopwatch in the upper right of the Adjustments panel?

• 2. Re: Adjusting Contrast, Exposure, etc. throughout a video - PE 11
            Buddycat Level 1

Aha!  So THAT's where it is.  Thanks!

• 3. Re: Adjusting Contrast, Exposure, etc. throughout a video - PE 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Buddycat

How are your Premiere Elements workflows progressing?

Regarding your present question...

Select your clip on the Timeline

1. Then you want to click on the Adjust Tab to get to the Adjustments Palatte with its panels for

Smart Fix

Color

Color (RGB)

Gamma Correction

Lighting

Temperature and Tint

buddy1.JPG

As example, next open the Temperature and Tint Panel to get

buddy2.JPG

In the opened Temperature and Tint Panel, be sure to click on "more" so  that you can see the control

sliders. To get to the keyframing controls, click on the stop watch looking icon at the top right of the Adjustments Palette (to the right of where it says Adjustments)

At this stage, you should see

buddy 3.JPG

When you are ready to do the keyframing of the Temperature or Tint, position your Timeline Indicator at the start of the selected clip, move the Temperature slider to where you want the intital Temperature keyframe, click the stop watching looking icon to the left of the word Temperature on the row with the Temperature slider. First keyframe generated. Move the Timeline Indicator to the next spot on the Timeline, move the Temperature slider to Temperature adjustment wanted, etc.

It should look something like this

buddy4.JPG

The Temperature keyframes that you see in the Adjustments Palette are also represented on the Timeline.

At this point, if you do not see the white dots (Temperature keyframes on the clip's rubberband, orange line that runs horizontally across the middle of the clip), then right click the Timeline clip, select Show Clip Keyframes/Temperature Tint/Temperature.

I did not stop to put red arrow indicators in the screenshots. Are you OK with the details to get you started?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adjusting Contrast, Exposure, etc. throughout a video - PE 11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Buddycat

I took too much time preparing my reply. I did not see that you and SG had worked out what you wanted to know until after I posted my reply with screenshots.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adjusting Contrast, Exposure, etc. throughout a video - PE 11
                  Buddycat Level 1

No prob.   I appreciate the additional info.   Now, if we can just get back, to that paesky aspect ratio problem from a while back......

• 6. Re: Adjusting Contrast, Exposure, etc. throughout a video - PE 11
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Buddycat

I lost track of your aspect ratio thread and have just now put an IOU message in it to move it to the top of the current threads. As I mentioned in tonight's message in that thread, I will work on this tonight and tomorrow and get this finalized by then.

Thanks for the reminder.

ATR