• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get into a loop during monthly software license validation

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop cc for photographers. Today, I was asked to sign in with my Adobe id. The system then tells me its ok and I can use photoshop for another month. Then I immediately start getting a window in the middle of my screen that says, "Validating software license". This window stays for about 2sec and disappears for about 2 sec, then reappears and so on and so on .. There is no way out. I have to re-boot to get rid of this window. Need a fix for this fast... I cannot use photoshop until trhis is resolved.

Terry Gibson 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

If you have problem with endless "Sign in" loop or "Validating software license" loop or if the message "Please wait for a moment" doesn't disappear after 10 minutes check following steps.

On Windows delete or rename following folders

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Then right-click the shortcut of CC application (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign), choose "Run as administrator" (or "More" > "Run as administrat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same experience. I'm wondering why no one has responded to your post.

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me too - absolutely no way of me getting into any of the Creative Suite.

Have neither of you recieved any feedback on how to fix!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have this problem fixed. I contacted adobe and after some exploring, we determined that the problem was caused by a temporary file named "opm.db" that was somehow left in the OOBE folder. I was instructed to move this file out to the desktop and suddenly the problem was resolved. The opm.db file was then deleted from the desktop and I have no more problems. Hope this helps you...

Terry Gibson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, but unfortunately this didn't solve it for me, it seems like it just removed the sign-in information; it just required me to log in when trying again to open Photoshop, and repeated the process Terryg first listed....  Anyone have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nissanskylinebam,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

Please check http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1239510

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this validation problem and also sign in loop problem for like a month! SO ANNOYING! I need my programs, I am also paying for them!! I can't find any solution. I don't have that opm file in my OOBE folder!! I have tried deleting those folders that ConArtist said but that did not work. I have re-installed every program and the creative cloud as well many times! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only solution that worked for me: Martin Cohen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ConArtist, thank you very much!
The solution from Martin Cohen page solved my problem. I copy it here

Close CC desktop, any Adobe applications running, then remove or rename these folders:

• C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLstore
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps

Start an Adobe application, it should re-validate and sign you in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting or renaming these folders I can launch now CC applications but now in CC desktop client by every app I have button "Install" instead "Open".

I reinstalled CC application manager and delete the folder Users\my username\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE but the second problem is not solved. Adobe support was not very helpful 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and is very difficult to contact somebody from adobe, Im starting to look for alternatives of software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely Helpful! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and it started as soon as I updated to Photoshop 2017.

It tells me that the trial version expired...all while I'm actually paying for the subscription.

I don't have the OOBE file either...any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. The suggested steps did not resolve my issue.  I've completely removed all Adobe apps, and deactivated my computer. Redownloaded it to my computer and still receive the same loop. I'm trying to use Adobe InDesign.  I'm taking a class for InDesign and my assignments are due tomorrow.  I can not view worked projects or create new project. I've done everything I can think of.  I need help ASAP so I can finish my assignments in time for the due date tomorrow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem as well. Any fixes yet? This is really annoying as I have to submit work to a client this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have problem with endless "Sign in" loop or "Validating software license" loop or if the message "Please wait for a moment" doesn't disappear after 10 minutes check following steps.

Then right-click the shortcut of CC application (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign), choose "Run as administrator" (or "More" > "Run as administrator"), enter your Adobe ID and password and clicks Sign in.

On Mac delete or rename following folders

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE   (in user Library folder)

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache  (in main Library folder)

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore

Then launch any CC application and Sign in.

Please, give a short feedback if these steps solved the problem.

Thank you and I wish you all folks a happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominik - I followed your instructions and the loop has finally stopped thank god! But now it's saying that I can try the software on a trial for 7 days even though I just paid for the full version. Any ideas what to do? I've uninstalled and installed it but nothing works..

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominik

I'm very glad to say that this has just worked for me on Windows 10 CC.2017. I was getting the sign in loop for some days now, and following your steps has resolved the issue. Before I had tried just renaming the OOBE and reinstalling CC with no success.

Thanks a lot!

Julian

PS: What I followed fro your instructions:

Then right-click the shortcut of CC application (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign), choose "Run as administrator" (or "More" > "Run as administrator"), enter your Adobe ID and password and clicks Sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Solution from Dominik on Mac worked !! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dominik,

Thank you so much for providing a helpful answer to this frustrating problem! I am a Mac user and am unfortunately having difficulty finding where the "main Library folder" (as you called it) is located. Thus, I have not been able to find the SLCache or SLStore files, though I was able to find the OOBE folder quite easily.

I am currently having a huge amount of difficulty with getting out of the "Verifying Software License..." loop whenever I open any Adobe apps, so I would greatly appreciate your assistance on this.

Thank you,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay! This worked for me, I am running Windows and simply renamed the files described then ran as admin. Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH!!!! This saved me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn’t worked.

I was able to delete the SLCache folder but everytime I try to delete the other folders it says I can’t because they are being ran in another program. Of course I know that no Adobe apps are open. I even got task manager out and closed every application open. Restarting didn’t help either. Please help because I need this working for business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willylaw03

Under the task manager choose the tab Processes and terminate all Adobe and CC processes:

Core Sync, CCLibrary (or CCLibraries), Creative Cloud, CCX process, Adobe Desktop Service, Adobe Update Service and try again to remove OOBE and SLStore.

If this doesn't work you can boot Windows in safe mode (using msconfig), delete these folders and then run Windows in normal mode as usually.

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode Using MSconfig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines