3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2007 1:28 PM by joe_pendlebury

Targeting Multiple Movie Clips

joe_pendlebury
      Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to ActionScript so I would really appreciate any help I can receive.

Right, I have a Flash file which contains a movie clip with an instance called, 'contentHold_mc'. Inside this movie clip are 4 individual movie clips with instances entitled, 'content1_mc', 'content2_mc', 'content3_mc' and 'content4_mc'. I know these are not the best names for instances, but this is just for simplicty's sake. At present all movie clips run at the same time. I want them to run sequentially. On the last frame of the instance, 'content1_mc', I want to stop the instance from playing and start playing the instance, 'content2_mc'. On the final frame on 'content3_mc', I want to stop the instance from playing and start playing the instance, 'content3_mc', and so on until 'content4_mc' finishes playing. I have tried to use the tellTarget function without success and anyway, I believe this is now deprecated.

Would anybody be able to provide me some guidance please as to how I can achieve the previous using the 'dot' notation?

I have tried the using the code found at the bottom of this message in the final frame of the movie clip instance that I want to play first ('content1_mc'), however get a compiler error because of the preceding two full stops '..'

Thank you in advance for any help I may receive with this query.