4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 2:34 PM by research1613

Creating form

research1613

I am creating my first form and the fields in my form are displaying javascript. This didn't happen as I created the form, only when I went to make a final change to the form. I can't delete it away so I'm stuck. Anyone familiar with this situation who can offer a suggestion?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Creating form
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Can you describe what happens when you edit the form?  This is editing the form signed in, and not filling out the HTML form correct?

What do you see, there is a javascript message?  A screen shot would be great.

You can try refreshing the browser page to see if any errors are cleared up.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Creating form
            research1613 Level 1

I created a request form which I thought was final. My boss requested a change so I went into the form to edit. At some point during the editing, javascript suddenly appeared within the fields (not all of them but a signifcant number). Screen shot below.

Request Form Screen Print.png

NOTE: On the right hand list each of the fields with the script are designated with a 'T' instead of the check box.

Message was edited by: research1613

• 3. Re: Creating form
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

The form was originally created in FormsCentral and you are editing a PDF of the form in Acrobat - this is a different environment and you are not editing the original form.  This may be what you need to do if you are making changes that are not supported in FormsCentral, but if you can make the changes in FormsCentral in the original form then you should, editing the PDF of the form can easily break the form.

To edit the original form in FormsCentral you should sign into your FormsCentral account in either a web browser or in the desktop FormsCentral application that was included with Acrobat XI and locate the form there and make changes in FormsCentral.  It is also possible you created this in the FormsCentral desktop application with Acrobat while not signed in, in that case it would be there when you open the application.

If you are indeed requiring to edit the PDF to add things not supported by FormsCentral what you see in those fields editing in Acrobat is correct, that is the field name as generated by FormsCentral, it is not Javascript.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: Creating form
                research1613 Level 1

Thank you so much.  I have spent a lot of time trying to decipher this and you have just resolved all of my problems.

Debbie