3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 8:35 AM by the_wine_snob

How do i do this text fade animation

arch80

I am wanting to do the text animation in this video (the one after the first Sotheby's frame):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjrE3IoUfU0

I don't see a standard animation i can choose.  Total newbie btw.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How do i do this text fade animation
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Arch,

Welcome to the forum.

I must be missing something, as it appears that you have a Cross-Dissolve after the Sotheby's Title. Is it that you wish to change that Transition, or have I just missed what you wish to do?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - Nice properties, BTW.

• 2. Re: How do i do this text fade animation
            arch80 Level 1

thanks for the reply Bill.  I wish this was my listing! i'm just trying to recreate it for another, much lower priced, listing I have 

the cross dissolve doesn't make the same effect of the text in this video.  i dragged and dropped the cross dissolve transition onto the text on the timeline but all that happens is the whole text gradually appears, not gradually appearing from the inside out like in the video.  what am i doing wrong?

• 3. Re: How do i do this text fade animation
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, thanks for that clarification.

Usually, one can "animate" a Title, via either adding one of the Animation Presets, or building the animation via Keyframing certain aspects of the Title. The differences are the "ease" of using an Animation Preset, and the "power and control" of doing it via Keyframing, though with extra hand-work.

It's the same with many Transitions. One can use a Dip-to-Black Transition, or they can Keyframe the Clip's/Title's Opacity (Fixed Effect), to do the same thing. With a Cross-Dissolve, that Opacity Keyframing, IF the Titles overlap by the Duration of the Keyframing of Opacity, will create the same effect, with one Title "fading-out," while the one below it (lower Video Track) "fades-in."

It appears that you have placed the two Titles, butt-to-butt, applied an Animation Preset to each, then added a Cross-Dissolve Transition between them, but that is not working, as you want. Is that correct?

If it is, there might be a lot of useful information to be gained, if you could attach a screen-cap of your Timeline, with those Titles shown. I'll give you a link to an article on screen-caps, should you need that, in a moment. To produce the screen-cap, I would make sure that the Video Tracks, with the Titles, is/are expanded, and then the zoom level of the Timeline is increased, to allow viewing of the Clips/Titles clearly. I would also place the CTI (Current Time Indicator - the little "diamond" with the red "edit line") right between the two Titles, where you wish to have the Cross-Dissolve. That will show exactly what you have now, which is not working.

For screen-cap tips, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3973293#3973293

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt