3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2014 7:39 AM by sinious

The application has been successfully published - not true

Mauro Ferrario

Hi all! I'm trying to upload a "test app" on my iPhone but when i try, i receive this message:

The application has been successfully published.

but when i go to check on my device, there is no new app installed.

I think that the certificate and Provisioning file are right. In my target i have set "AIR 3.9.0.1380 for iOS".

Can anyone help me? I really don't know where to start for find the problem.

Thanks a lot!

• 1. Re: The application has been successfully published - not true
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

If you publish it for iOS, that doesn't automatically install it on your device. You must still install it yourself if you're not debugging on device over USB.

An easy route to just test your IPA is to use the debug on device options from Flash, especially for a 'test app'. In File->AIR 3.x for iOS Settings go to the Deployment tab and select the radio option at the bottom "Quick publishing for device testing" and at the bottom check "Install application on the connected iOS device". After it publishes it should appear on your device and prompt you to run it so the AIR debugger connects.

If you're testing a release version (Deployment - Ad Hoc), after publishing the IPA you can simply connect your iOS device, launch iTunes, double-click on your published IPA file and it should appear in iTunes. Go to your device in iTunes, select the Apps tab (check to sync apps if you have not already), and click the [Install] button next to your apps name. Then click Sync. This should install the app on your device. If you have any issues an error should inform you from that point.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: The application has been successfully published - not true
            Mauro Ferrario Level 1

Thanks for the answer!

Actually the problem is that i don't have "Install application on the connected iOS device". There is something that i have forgotten to do?

• 3. Re: The application has been successfully published - not true
              sinious Most Valuable Participant

No it just might depend on the version of Flash you're using. Are you using CS5.5? CS6+ should have it. CS5.5 should allow you to debug on device however.

1 person found this helpful