10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 10:39 AM by the_wine_snob

Narration not uploading to Vimeo

Kellyberkeyart

Hello,

I'm using a mac/PE 12. I've had no trouble uploading video with audio to Vimeo, but when I trash my audio and add narration, the narration does not upload to Vimeo. I've tried several times and condenced the video down to 3 minutes and the narration uploaded that time. My other videos were 20 & 30 minutes long. Vimeo cannot find a problem on their side.

Is there some way I'm needing to save my narration to have it connect to video for upload that I'm not doing?

Thanks for any advice/help!

Kelly

• 1. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What do you mean by "when I trash my audio"?

Do you see the narration's waveform on your timeline?

When you open your Audio Meters (under the Tools) and play your movie, does your narration (as well as the rest of your movie's audio) peak at zero without exceeding it?

My free "Configuring Audio for Narration" tutorial at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com may help you.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=configuring+audio&btn.x=-925&btn.y=-78

• 2. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
            Kellyberkeyart Level 1

Hello Steve,

I deleted the audio from the film and then narrated it instead. It works in playback, both narration and video uploaded to Vimeo on a short version (three minutes) of the same clip.

I've opened Audio Mixer (under Tools) but did not find a Meter so there was no wave bar to look at.

• 3. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Huh? The Audio Mixer is nothing but meters! They should flash green as you play your movie -- one for each audio track.

If you're not seeing a waveform on your timeline, then you are not recording audio when you record your narration.

Did you view the tutorial I linked you to above?

Will you be posting a screen capture of your timeline to this forum so we can see what's going on>?

• 4. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
                Kellyberkeyart Level 1

Hi Steve,

I just opened the three minute video that uploaded with narration and then opened the Audio Meters and can see the Narration flash green! So now I'm getting somewhere. The Narration level is set up +6 but on the video that isn't uploading the Narration it is on the 0 with no wave forms.

I haven't had time to login and look at your tutorial

I just opened the file that wasn't uploading the Narration, drug the Narration into the Audio, then opened Audio Meters and am now showing green wave forms (in Audio).

The screen shots aren't uploading (might be too big) and I will fix that if needed, but with this info I will try another upload and see if that fixes the problem.

Is it ok to move the narration to the audio position if you have deleted the audio not needed?

I appreciate all your help Steve!

Kelly

• 5. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Kelly,

Quick question:

Is your missing Audio on the Narration Track?

If so, as a test, drag it to an empty "regular" Audio Track, say Audio 2. Does it now export, when you Publish+Share the Timeline?

Some users, and only with some Projects, have reported issues with both the Narration and the Soundtrack Audio Tracks, and the test above, is most often the fix.

Good luck, and please report your results.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

This is really odd - I accessed this thread at about 8:20AM PST, and there were no Replies showing. It took me a moment to respond, and post, and suddenly an entire dialog appeared above, going back quite some time. Hope the Forum is not going wonky today?

Hunt

• 7. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
                      Kellyberkeyart Level 1

Hi Steve,

I've just done that and will upload now. It will take over an hour to upload and process but once it does I'll report back. So far it looks promising.

Thank you!

• 8. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
                        Kellyberkeyart Level 1

Hello Bill,

Thank you, that was exaclty the fix! I am back in business.

Kelly

• 9. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
                          Kellyberkeyart Level 1

Hi Steve,

The issue was fixed by moving the Narrated track into the Audio track and then uploading.

We have success!

Thank you for your help,

Kelly

• 10. Re: Narration not uploading to Vimeo
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Kelly,

You are most welcome!

For a little background, this anomaly cropped up in older versions of PrE, but seemed to disappear for a bit. We thought that it had been fixed, but then it started cropping up with newer versions. The issue seems to be totally intermittent, as it will affect one user, but not on all Projects - just every now and then. That makes it tough to troubleshoot, as dozens of Projects will use those two Fixed Audio Tracks just fine - then boom! the problem will surface.

Thank you for reporting your success - that "fix" of Moving Clips from either the Narration, or Soundtrack, seems to be the best one out there, when a Project starts to misbehave.

Good luck,

Hunt