1 2 Previous Next 42 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 8:05 AM by the_wine_snob

Unable to burn DVD

RESAMPSONJR Level 1

On a new PC with Windows 8, I just installed PRE 12.  No issues with the install.  When attempting to burn a DVD, a memory dump is initiated when approximately 25% of the encoding step is completed.  I have sent the file to MSFT, and reported this as a problem to Adobe.  The issue is repeatable.  Are there any known fixes for this issue?

• 1. Re: Unable to burn DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you'll work your way through these steps and report your results for each step in as much detail as possible, we'll likely be abl3e to help you troubleshoot your issues.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415318?tstart=30

• 2. Re: Unable to burn DVD
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Lets start with a few questions, please:

1. What are the full specs. of your computer, including all of the info on your HDD setup?
            2. What are the full specs. of your Imported Video, Stills, etc.?
            3. What is the exact version of Windows, that you are using?
            4. What are the settings for your Project?
            5. Do you have a Stop Marker at the end of your Timeline?

That would be a very good start - more to come.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Unable to burn DVD
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Second, since you are getting a memory dump, and are on Windows, I would look into Windows' Event Viewer, at the time of the memory dump/crash. Look in both the System and Applications Tabs. You want to explore any Warning, or Error messages, at that approximate time. What you will be looking for will be any of those messages with a link. Follow every link that you find, and make note of the info provided via those links. There will likely be a few with obscure code, and there is nothing to learn from those - the secret is via the links.

Please report the info provided in those Warning and Error messages, found via the links.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

Could we have some background information on this?

a. What are the properties of what you have on the Timeline? And, consequently what did you set as the project preset to match those properties?

b. What is your export...Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD and DVD disc or Publish + Share/Disc/DVD and disc DVD? In either case, does a burn to folder work whereas the burn to disc does not?

c. When you are in the burn dialog (with DVD disc in burner tray) and before you hit the Burn button, what does the Quality area of the burn dialog say for Space Required and Bitrate (with check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space)?

d. What is the description of the resources of your Windows 8 (presumed 64 bit system)?

e. Even though you have a new PC, have you verified that your video card driver is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

f. Usual drill to which I believe your answers are yes...latest version of QuickTime installed and running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

I did not see SG's and Hunt's replies until after I had posted mine.

I will be watching for your reply to all as we try to help your resolve your Premiere Elements issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                    RESAMPSONJR Level 1

Sorry, you are dealing with a novice and I don't necessarily understand all of your terms.  I'll do the best I can.  This is a new (2 day old) HP PC, ENVY 700 desktop model, intel core i5 processor, 12 GB of RAM, and 2 TB of hard drive space.   What is HDD set up?  How can I find the version of windows, Windows 8 operating system is all I know.  By settings of the project, I assume you mean content.  There is a slide show from Photoshop Elements (also v12), a few stills, a few titles, and some HDD video.  Run time is just at one hour, There are 16 menu markers and I have selected one of the DVD menu options.  I do not have a stop marker at then end, all of the content is in video 1 or audio 1.  I found the dump file, but that was not of use to me.  I'm new to windows 8, can you advise how to navigate to the Event viewer?

• 7. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I did not see SG's and Hunt's replies until after I had posted mine.

I have experienced the same thing twice this AM - see no Replies, or no new Replies, post, and suddenly previous Replies appear - with timestamps that indicate that they should have been seen, before I posted. Think that there might be a server node sync issue at Adobe today? Odd.

Hunt

• 8. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

RESAMPSONJR,

No problem. We will try to step you through the troubleshooting.

This Tips & Tricks article might be better to get you started on the Event Viewer: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2031203#2031203

Now, that is but one possible step in troubleshooting. Both Steve G. and ATR have posed some questions, that might be important too. If you need help in finding the answers to those questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Someone here will be glad to help you find those answers.

Good luck, and please let us know more.

Hunt

• 9. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                          RESAMPSONJR Level 1

Had the same result with different quality settings for the burn. Tried to attach screenshots of the project, but generating an error with that as well.

• 10. Re: Unable to burn DVD

First and foremost, try resizing all of your photos to no larger than 1000x750, as I suggested in the link in my first post.

Oversized photos are the chief causes of DVD burn crashes.

• 11. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                              RESAMPSONJR Level 1

how can I check the size or resize?

• 12. Re: Unable to burn DVD

Open one of your photos in Photoshop Elements and go to Image/Resize/Image Size.

This article has more information.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=30

• 13. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                  RESAMPSONJR Level 1

I see that in the properties,  At least one is 3072 X 2304.  I will check others, then resize in Elements.

• 14. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                    RESAMPSONJR Level 1

The article was helpful.  However, this project is a recreation, using the same photos, from the 7.0 version of PRE.  That was able to be burned on a different PC.  Also, I don't see the Image resizing option from the File menu as described.  How is the resizing best accomplished? 

• 15. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

I will wait in the background for the moment as you and SG work through the discussion that you are in now.

But, at some time, could you please post

a. AVCHD on DVD or DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? I am almost certain you are after DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, but I did not want to take anything for granted.

b. What are the Space Require and Bitrate values when your DVD disc is in the burner tray (check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space) and just before you hit Burn.

c. Can you burn this Timeline content to Folder even though you cannot burn it to disc?

Based on the above, I can offer further suggestions on photo resizing if indicated. Just how many photos do you have in this project?

We will be watching for further developments between you and SG before posting further.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                        RESAMPSONJR Level 1

There was one still image in this project/timeline (from a very old digital camera) that I resized via Photoshop Elements from 3072X2304 to 1000X750.  The same memory dump issue occured when approx 25% completed with the encoding step. 

I'm glad this was not the issue as I typically combine video and stills in these PRE projects and have not had any need to rezise in the past, with an older PC and version 7.0 Adobe products.  As I indicated, this project causing this issue is a recreation of a 7.0 version, with the same media (different/new PC and operating system) that had no issues burning to DVD.

In response to your questions above:

a.     This should be a simple DVD burn.  From the Publish+Share icon, i select the Disc option.  There are then 3 choices, DVD, Blu-ray, and AVCHD.  I select the DVD option which defaults the presets to NTSC_Widescreen_Dobby DVD.

b.  WIth the Quality box selected (fit contents to available space), the space required is 3.75 GB (Bitrate 8.00Mbps)

c. I am attempting to save this timeline to my PC as an MPEG file.  It is rendering now with an estimated time of 1 hour to complete.  I'll update this post with the results.

There is only one photo in this timeline.  There are 2 title slides (from PRE), a slideshow imported from Photoshop Elements (which includes some video from a camera), a seperate audio track imported and used, but most of the project is pure video.

From your earlier questions, I just downloaded Quicktime yesterday, so I'm assuming it's the latest version available from Apple.

In terms of Windows 8, that is all I can find.  64 bit sounds right, but I don't know how to verify this/where the version info is on this PC.

Do you have any other ideas to attempt resolve before the MPEG file results are known?

• 17. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                          RESAMPSONJR Level 1

The burn to MPEG also failed.  I again sent the files to MSFT after the recovery, same file format name:  MEMOFY.DMP.  Please advise what next steps should be.

• 18. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

Thanks for the follow ups. Sorry the news is not better moving forward.

But...not so long ago, I worked with another Premiere Elements user with a memory dump issue at another forum.

Her answer was in the video card. I always write that problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. But, I think it worthwhile to take the time to rule in or out this video card factor in your situation. If we rule it out, then we can pursue other troubleshooting paths.

If you do not know the name of your video card already, go to Device Manager/Display Adapter to get that information. Then go to the web site of the manufacturer of that card to assure that you have the latest version of the video card driver. Many of these manufacturer web sites offer guides to helping you identify the driver and driver version that you require.

We will be watching for the outcome and then decide what next if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                              RESAMPSONJR Level 1

The Display Adaptor was originally produced by Intel.  However when checking the Intel site, the info presented indicated that some changes had been made and to contact the manufacturer.  I then went to HP and intalled their update utility.  When running this, it indicates there are no new updates available for my system.  The check for driver updates to this adaptor from the Windows utility also indicates this device is up to date.  For reference, the Display Adaptor is Intel HD Graphics 4600, version 9.18.10.2989.

I really appeciate your assistance, however this is becoming very frustrating.  My entire reason to purchase a new PC and upgrated to the latest Adobe products was that I was having issues buring BRDs on my "older" PC.  It's not clear to me if there is an issue with the PC, the operating system, the Adobe software, or the project itself.  I do know that my old PC was able to handle the exact same content and at least burn a DVD without issue.

Anxiously awaiting your other troubleshooting path instructions.

• 20. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

Thanks for the follow ups in this very frustrating situation. I see at least three more possible  troubleshooting paths

a. As the final attempt to implicate the video card and its driver in all this, deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file. In Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, that file can be found:

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

in the Premiere Elements Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. It is a file in the Premiere Elements Folder and is not in one of the folders in the Premiere Elements Folder. Once you close out of there and open Premiere Elements/project, a new BadDrivers.txt file will be generated. Also, be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see that complete path.

b. Attempt to burn the Timeline content to folder

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD Folder (4.7 GB)

(Same as before with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space")

If this succeeds, that would point to the Premiere Elements burn software functioning properly.

c. Contact with Adobe via its Adobe Chat. This would not prohibit you from posting here further on this issue if necessary.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=using-my-product-or-se rvice

When the link opens, click on "I still need help" to get the Adobe Chat pop up.

The QuickTime (latest version) should have been installed on your computer from the onset. But you have it installed now for these recent tests. Have you looked to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime to assure that you can see presets there as an indicator that the QuickTime install went OK. QuickTIme is an essential part (requirement) of the Premere Elements workflow.

Please review, and do not give up.

ATR

• 21. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                  RESAMPSONJR Level 1

There was/is no BadDrivers text file in the path:  C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 12/.  There are 3 text files, but nothing that indicated BadDrive.  Still only 3 files when the Hidden attribute is selected for this folder.

The burn as described in your b is currently executing, in the encoding media step.  I'll update you with the status of that, then check the QuickTime presets in Elements.  I did not have any issues downloading this either yesterday.

I assume you want me to be on the new PC with this issue when I initiate any chat session?

I have no intention of giving up.  As I said, my entire reason for the new PC was to improve my ability to burn BRDs.  Hopefully that will be easire than the DVD burn has been.

• 22. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting.

In the path cited, what you want is Program Data, not Program Files. If you are on 64 bit system, there should be a Program Data choice along with the Program Files choice which you do not want.

Yes, definitely be on the new computer with the Premiere Elements in which the problem exists. If you have not already, have all the details at hand. It may be time consuming, so pick the best time that you can to fit that chunk of time into your schedule.

We will be watching for further developments and thinking positive thoughts.

ATR

• 23. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                      RESAMPSONJR Level 1

The burn to the DVD folder also failed, generated a new MEMORY.DMP file that I sent to MSFT.

I do see QuickTime (Use for email and playback on Mac) as a selectable option, with presets, availble with any option on the Computer share menu.

Please advise next steps.  Do i need to initiate a chat from the PC with the issue?

• 24. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                        RESAMPSONJR Level 1

I don't have a Program Data file, only Program Files and Program Files (x86).  There is not a Program Data folder. Am I looking in the right place, Computer:/Window(c:).  I also searched the entire C drive for BadDrivers but nothing was found.

• 25. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                          RESAMPSONJR Level 1

I'm not seeing a chat option from the link you provided.  I select my product as Adobe Premiere Elements, select Using My product or service, then have an option to Ask Our Experts, but I'm not seeing a chat option.  Please advise.

• 26. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

I have taken it for granted that you are working with a 64 bit system. Could be that you have 32 bit.

In that case the path would be different. The 32 bit system path would be expected to be:

Local Disk C

Documents and Settings

All Users

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and the BaddDrivers.txt file is in the 12.0 Folder.

But, if you have Program Files and Program Files (x86), take another look to verify 64 bit.

And, do you have folder options set so that Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives is selected.

In the Windows 8 (presumed 64 bit), while you are in the Metro (App), type File Explorer and select it.

At the top left of the page, click on View in the headers of File, Computer, View.

Then in View, look to the far right (top area) to Options, click on Options, and select Change folder and search options. You have now gotten the Folder Options dialog. Click on its View tab and make sure that there is a dot next to Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.

ATR

• 27. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

You detoured from what I wrote which was

Contact with Adobe via its Adobe Chat. This would not prohibit you from posting here further on this issue if necessary.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=us ing-my-product-or-service

I think you missed the important part where I wrote

When the link opens, click on "I still need help" to get the Adobe Chat pop up.

AdobeChat.JPG

At any time did you click on "I still need help" when the link opened? Please give that another try.

Thanks.

ATR

• 28. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

Let us move forward for the moment finding out what Adobe Chat has to offer about this situation.

If that is not successful, we will move forward on the troubleshooting in this thread.

Thanks.

ATR

• 29. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                  RESAMPSONJR Level 1

Chat is not available for PRE. I finally reached Adobe via phone.  Some progress was made by changing the compatability, however the direct burn is still an issue.  I hope to connect again with them tomorrow for additional troubleshooting.

With the compatability changes, I could create an MPEG file.  The MPEG was then imported and a DVD created from that.  However, the is a change in format and drop in quality with this approach.  I've seen this before trying to burn to BRD, the

loss of image quality is something I am trying to avoid.

• 30. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

You wrote

Chat is not available for PRE

You mean Premiere Elements. That is a first. I will need to consider what happened on that.

Nonetheless, you seem to be moving forward with your contact with Adobe. Premiere Elements 12 is fully compatible with Windows 8 64 bit (been there and am doing that) so it will be interesting to get the full details of Adobe's finalized accessment and solution to your issue.

Please let us know further developments.

Thanks for the follow ups.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 31. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                      RESAMPSONJR Level 1

Still having some issues, but I thought I would post an update on this effort to date.  The HP Envy 700 PC with the Windows 8 operating system continues to experience hard crashes generating log files that are being forwarded to Microsoft.

1.  Reduced resolution of one photo included in the timeline, only one photo was present, from 3072X2304 to 1000X750 using Photoshop Elements Editor (Resizing option).  The result had no effect, still unable to burn the Premiere project.

2.  Reviewed the Display Adaptor device on the PC.  Confirmed from 3 independent update checks that the latest drivers are installed on this HP PC for this installed device.

3.  Memory errors occuring, was unable to burn project directly to DVD, BRD, MPEG and Folder (4.7 GB) options from the Publish+Share menu selections.  No error messages were presented, the PC simily shuts down and has to be restarted manually.

4.  Confirmed that QuickTime is an availble option for sharing/this is installed and availble on this PC.

5.  In a support session with Adobe, Adobe support modifed the Premiere Elements program settings to be Windows 7 compatable.  This allowed this project to converted to an MPEG file.  The MPEG file was then used to create a new project, that could then be burned directly to a DVD.  There is a noticable change of format and downgrading of visual quality in the MPEG file.  A DVD could not be burned directly from the original project with this change to the compatability setting.

6.  Additional sofware support, not Adobe support, was contacted to investigate and repair the memory dumping issue.  This was an additional paid service that made several system changes.  After these were underaken, a successful DVD burn was accomplished using the presets setting of NTSC_Dolby DVD and the Quality setting set to Fit Contents to available space.

The same memory error/sysem crashs still occur when attempting to burn the original project to a BRD.  The memory error/system crash also occurs when the DVD presets is change to NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

All in all, my view is that v12 of these Adobe products is not an improvement to V7.  Ease of use is clearly better, however should these issues remain unresolved, I will revert back to V7 as it's less problematic, and at least generates error messages vs a crash of the PC when burning a BRD.  That was the primary motivation for me, to upgrade my capabilities to improve BRD output sharing.

I have not received any response directly from Adobe, other than the chat session, related to the problem issue I logged.

• 32. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Regarding those "hard crashes," back up in Reply # 8, I had linked to an article on using Windows' Event Viewer, to find causes of crashes, with both the System and Applications Tabs. I missed any reports of what was found in Event Viewer - did any of the warning, or error messages, in either of those Tabs have links? If so, what did those links state for the possible cause of the crashes?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 33. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                          RESAMPSONJR Level 1

As you predicted, a lot of gibberish, but no links that I found to anyting in the Event Viewer for furher review/assistance.  The one link present is to forward to MSFT.  Everyting in Windows 8 now seems to be logged in a folder vs tabs (Windows Logs/Appication, Security, Set Up, System, and Forwarded Events).  These events can be readily forwarded to MSFT from the link on the General tab after drilling into the individual event, but no interactive links are provided that I've found to provide more informatoin (the link is a bit miss leading as Event Log Online Help).

A lot of warnings in the System folder about cdrom.  Several errors in the Application folder for Service Control Manager Apppliction Errors (Adobe Premiere Elements), WMI, Bonjour Service, Perflip, .NET runtime, and Event logs.  No errors in Applicatoin, Security, or Set Up.

No real leads/links provided for further review, but you can drill down to find more details on what look to be coding/fault errors and codes.  I assume that is what MSFT sees when these are forwarded on to them, which I continue to do every time it occurs.

• 34. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Wow, that is a lot of warnings and errors, and for varied processes. I would spend some time on Google, tracking those down, as it sounds like many things are going off, regarding the system.

As for Bonjour Services, what, on your system, relies on that? It is installed with iTunes, but is not that often needed - though not always. I needed it for Extensis Suitcase, a font manager.

Sorry that there were no useful links.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 35. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

Just getting back to your thread and found a lot going on and a lot of information being exchanged.

Thanks for the update.

To get a overall handle on the situation I think it best to know and understand just what was done to correct the memory dump issue. You wrote:

6.  Additional sofware support, not Adobe support, was contacted to investigate and repair the memory dumping issue.  This was an additional paid service that made several system changes.  After these were underaken, a successful DVD burn was accomplished using the presets setting of NTSC_Dolby DVD and the Quality setting set to Fit Contents to available space.

What it did would be important to know since it made some change in the performance flaw although it did not correct it completely. If you do go from 12 to 7, please start a new thread and perhaps we can work through the burn to Blu-ray messages that you received using 7. But, going from 12 to 7 in a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 computer will impact your computer resources and revert you to the limitations of a 32 bit system.

If you are running Premiere Elements 12 in Windows 8 64 bit, pixel dimensions of a photo would not be high on my troubleshooting priorities. Under those conditions you can stretch the classical thinking on pixel dimensions quite a bit. More on that another time. But, in Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 8, that is another matter....32 application, 32 bit compatibility mode, and 32 bit system limitations.

Please review what went on to date in your case, then recap letting us the specifics of what seem to make changes in the problem state even if the problem state was not corrected completely.

Looking forward to more details when you have the time and if you wish to proceed with troubleshooting in versions 12 or 7.

More later.

ATR

• 36. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                                RESAMPSONJR Level 1

I cannot say with complete certainty which Windows 8 settings were modified the other day to provide a partial solution.  These were undertaken via several remote support sessions and I simply could not keep up with everything being done by the support technicians.

However, I believe today there was a breakthru when the PC shutdown without attempting a burn of any type of project.  Premiere Elements was not even running at the time. 

In thinking about all of the failures the past 3 days, independent of media (files, DVD, BRD), various preset settings, and application software, the one common trait was a long period of inactivity on the PC to undertake the transfer.  This has been a habit of mine based on prior issues, to not interfear with high system usage during a project burn activity.

When the burns on the new PC were successful (MPEG, new MPEG project to DVD, DVD of original timeline with different presets), some form keyboard interaction/monitoring was always occurring.

This observation then lead to a review of the PC power option settings.  These were the original default/delivered settings that have just been changed. 

From the control panel, select the power options, then select change plan settings.  The settings for the turn off display and put the computer to sleep were changed to Never.  In addition, under the Change advanced power settings menu the setting of Hard Disk/Turn off hard disk after setting was also set to Never. 

These 3 new settings were applied and I then tested by burning a Blue Ray.  Finally success!!  The blue ray with full content, including a menu template, was burned without incident.  No system shutdowns, no fatal error messages. 

I will contiue to explore and test various settings and capabilities with the v12 Adobe products.  It certainly appears that the power settings as delivered with the PC inhibit the sharing of timeline projects that exceed the "power down" parameter settings.

I would move these power option settings up to the top of any sharing+publishing troubleshooting list to insure a power down is not the root cause of failure to publish+share to really any permitted media. 

I'm sure there are implications to setting the power options to Never.  However this is a desktop PC, not dependent on a battery, so I'm not overly concerned.  I think the only potential damage is to the monitor if a static image is displayed for too long of a period.

• 37. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

RESAMPSONJR,

This is good news.

Often, a computer mfgr. will set the "sleep/hibernate" settings very low. Normally, those settings can be invoked in one, or both, the BIOS, and then the OS.

For a video-editing machine, I recommend the settings that you now seem to have: Never. The same for the OS ScreenSaver: Never. Those sleep/hibernation settings can interfere with the editing processes. They are designed to save battery life. The same, or very similar, problems can exist with "green" HDD's, that want to spin-down, when certain sensors think that the machine is finished working. Often, the machine has not finished working, and a shut-down of any part of it, can crash the computer.

Though they might not play any role in your situation, another area of concern, can be with real-time, active scanning anti-virus, anti-malware, or anti-anything software. They have a propensity to "Lock" files, some on both read, or write functions, and a program, like PrE, first creates large working files, then accesses them often. Having some of those files locked, while editing is in progress, can hang, or crash the program. Even the OS can be crashed by such actions. While editing, I recommend that such programs be shut down - BUT, that means no Internet presence, no opening of attachments in e-mails, etc. - just editing. When done, those programs can be turned back on, to provide the protection, for which they are designed.

Good luck, and I hope that the new settings will be exactly what you need, to edit successfully.

Hunt

• 38. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

RESAMPSONJR

Thanks for the detailed update with news of breakthroughs and successes. Great job.

Please let us know of your progress with your planned exploration and experimentation with your Premiere Elements versions when you have the time..

The sharing of your results and comments is much appreciated.

ATR

• 39. Re: Unable to burn DVD
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Just a quick questions about one aspect of your recommendations...

BUT, that means no Internet presence,

By that, did you mean not having the browser opened or did you mean disabling the Internet connection?

ATR

1 2 Previous Next