3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 12:03 PM by lilmamaroo

Three New Nooks Will Not Authorize

lilmamaroo

I recently purchased three nook hd devices.  I am attempting to put library books on them via ADE, my only option for this procedure.  I have tried deleting the folder containing ade files and reconnecting, plugging in, etc.  The Adobe Digital Editions program never notices these three devices.  I do have an older Nook Color which is had no issue recognizing.  I have google'd this issue until I was ready to strangle someone. I really need some help here. Otherwise I have three devices whose primary purpose cannot be achieved.  I am running Windows 7.  Thanks.

It is my understanding that ADE will recognize up to six devices, it seems that only the new nooks are having this issue, so maybe there's a software compatibility problem.

Ruth

• 1. Re: Three New Nooks Will Not Authorize
          sjpt Level 4

Tablets usually don't show up in ADE (unlike dedicated ereader devices).

You authorize the tablet via whichever Adobe DRM compatible ereader app you are running on the tablet.

I suggest Bluefire, also consider Aldiko or Overdrive, or the tablet may have one pre-installed.

If you need to you can copy books to the tablet from Windows using Windows Explorer, the tablet should show up as a mounted drive.

Or you can copy them using something like Dropbox.

You should then be able to read them on the tablet.

As a tablet is more powerful than a dedicated ereader, you can probably buy/borrow books directly on the tablet and avoid ADE completely if you prefer.

You can indeed have up to 6 devices (including computers ruinning ADE) authorized with any Adobe account/ID.

• 2. Re: Three New Nooks Will Not Authorize
            lilmamaroo Level 1

I cannot copy the files to the ereader without using ade because of the way the library works.

• 3. Re: Three New Nooks Will Not Authorize
              lilmamaroo Level 1

Thank you! I had no idea I needed an app to add books. I downloaded overdrive, it asked me to add my library, I did so. I logged in, authorized my nook, and got my book! Yay!!