5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 3:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Lost clips

Grandpa Rob

Premier 10, Why isn't clips showing in sceneline when they are still displayed on timeline?

• 1. Re: Lost clips
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Do you only have one Clip at that spot, or do you have Clips on, say Video 1 and Video 2?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Lost clips
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Grandpa Rob

I would encourage you to work in the Timeline view and not the Sceneline view so that you can see better what is going on and thus have more control over your workflow. And, if you decide that the Sceneline view is a must for you, just do not toggle between the Timeline and Sceneline views. Just pick one and stick with it.

Reason: What you see in the Timeline view is not always represented in the Sceneline view, especially the upper track content that you see in the Timeline view. More examples, but I will leave it that for now.

If you post screenshots of your Timeline and Sceneline content for the same content, we can give you a spot on appraisal of the situation. If not, please post the details in word form instead of screenshots.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...corrected for a word mistyped.

• 3. Re: Lost clips
              Grandpa Rob Level 1

Hi Bill

I have the first  clip in the sceneline  showing the next clip is blacked

out that is all in scene line, timeline is fine.

Thanks for you help I am very new to premier programme.  I have used

Photoshop for a few years and been very satisfied, but I am having a little

trouble with Premier.

Many thanks for your help

Best Regards

Grandpa Rob

• 4. Re: Lost clips
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Grandpa Rob,

I agree with ATR, on using the Timeline View Mode, for almost all editing. Sceneline is good for the initial arrangement, sort of like a "story board," but it has limitations, and some of those regard displaying the Clips.

Are you comfortable in Timeline View Mode? If so, can you just stay with it?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Lost clips
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Grandpa Rob

Thanks for the follow up.

Never hesitate to ask if you run into one of these situations. In no time you will master that Premiere Elements learning curve. We all navigated it, and there is always one more thing to learn no matter how long we have been working with the program and its versions. We look forward to the opportunity to help if needed.

Best wishes.

ATR