7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 6:04 PM by A.T. Romano

S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing

oldhall

Premier 12’s serial# is good one time thru…. To where it stops installing, suggesting RE.installation.   Second trial at installation finds that the serial# is not accepted.  Now, no idea how to INstall Premier 12. 

I am one who just wants to get better at PhotoShopElements and Premier, not get better troubleshooting Adobe products before their installation.   Am I screwed and need to go back to the old versions? 

• 1. Re: S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhall

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

For now I will assume Windows. If not we can adjust after you read what I am about to write.

1. How are you installing the program....from an installation disc or from installation files purchased from Adobe along with the serial number?

2. Why are you installing the program for a second time? Did you run into a Shared Technologies error which told you to try the installation again? That Shared Technologies is a problem in itself, aside from the serial number matter.

3. Moving forward right now on the serial number, please try again - a 3rd or 4th time if necessary. If that works great. If you get hung up in Shared Technologies, that is a tougher road to go, but we will travel it together.

Lots of assumptions here. So, please fill in the details so that we can reach your goal of "to get better at Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements".

Looking forward to the opportunity to be of assistance.

ATR

• 2. Re: S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might also try the below, to talk to Adobe chat

Select a reason, then click I STILL NEED HELP to activate Premiere Elements chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=activating-my-product- or-serial-number-issues

• 3. Re: S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhall

I would hold off contacting Adobe Chat Activation until we define your situation.

If the base of your issue is the Shared Technologies, this is not  black and white activation issue. This error hits many versions running in a variety of computer operating systems and has many different fixes. It is a frustrating error which takes a lot of patience to overcome.

If you cannot get the serial number to take after repeated tries so that you can get back into the install wherever it might lead you, then Adobe Chat Activation might be the next choice.

ATR

• 4. Re: S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing
                oldhall Level 1

You and J.Smith advise, perhaps, using online chat. I tried it and it rejected my using it.  What does one need to be qualified?  (Running on fumes for knowledge here. But the tank is over.flowing with anxiety.)

Windows 7^64; have disk in box (copied to a flash drive);  have tried turning off anti.virus (Bitdefender) during installation (try).

Laptop in use.

S/N is ok when I re.boot before every (sooo many) installation attempts.

Error msg. » durning Shared Technologies.... retry...

oldhall

• 5. Re: S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhall

We will get through this together.

I thought this was going to be the case, that is, basically a Shared Technologies issue. That is why I wrote as tactfully as I could

I would hold off contacting Adobe Chat Activation until we define your situation.

The Shared Technology issue is a tough matter and is a nusiance associated with installation of any version of Premiere Elements on any computer. The serial number involvement in your case only made matters worse. I just went through this again today. Go slow and try this step by step with lots of patience and stick-to-it-tiveness. You will do fine.

1. Go to

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

OOBE

change the name of that OOBE Folder from OOBE to OLDOOBE. Close out of there.

2. Insert the installation disc in the burner tray, insert your purchased serial number when asked for

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Put in the - between the six sets of four numbers (if you are not doing that already). Double and triple check the numbers that you enter. Often when you get frustrated with troubleshooting, more errors get mixed into the situation.

3. Continue according to the instructions.

Before we get Shared Technologies, we have to bypass the serial number issue. With repeated tries, can you get that to take?

What reason did Adobe Chat give for rejecting your inquiry? How did you describe your problem to the rep? Activation problem, serial number problem, or other?

IMPORTANT...Why are you copying the installation files from the installation disc to a USB Flash Drive? Doesn't your computer have a DVD drive? Use the installation disc if your computer has a DVD drive. Depending on how things go, we could consider downloading the tryout from Adobe and inserting your purchased serial number in it.

Again, stay calm and we will figure this out.

If anything that I write is not clear to you, do not hesitate to let me know. I do not want you going away saying "What is that person talking about?".

ATR

• 6. Re: S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing
                    oldhall Level 1

Changed the name of the file "OOBE".  

Now, that I realized the pc should be re.booted between install trials, there is no

problems with S/N.

The flash drive was used because of  previous  advise on an Adobe site for installing Elements 12 (with which I ALSO have an install problem. Yuk!)  Guess it was thought

that scratches on the DVD  could be a problem.

[Thanks 2U]

Howard

• 7. Re: S/N premier 12 rejected second try installing
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Howard

So pleased with your results. Congratulations on your success with setting up your Premiere Elements 12.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification on anything written here. We look forward to the opportunity to be of assistance if and when needed.

Continued success. Good job.

ATR