3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 7:04 PM by Josh_Corey

editing fields

ComCoChris

I would like to edit the left hand position of one answer box without all of the boxes in the other fields moving as well, is there a way I can do this?

• 1. Re: editing fields
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

I am assuming you are referring to the width of the label for the first field in each row. When the label position is "Left" or "Right" the labels for all of the fields that are the first in any row are "tied together" and share the same width (we call this the "caption reserve"). 

I think that should answer what you are asking about, let me know if it does not.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: editing fields
            ComCoChris Level 1

Thank you Josh

That is what I am referring to, is there a way to 'untie' the fields?

• 3. Re: editing fields
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

No, at this time that is the way that it is...  The one "work around" I've given before is not that good of one - that is to add the smallest field you can to the beginning of each row, a field that does not have an input box, and don't enter any text for the label...  This would create a column of blank space along the left of the form, but then all adjacent fields would be able to have any label width you defined.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful