This content has been marked as final. Show 16 replies
. . . and doesn't Adobe make announcements at least 30 days before product
availability? That would make an announcement due tomorrow.
"Samuel Joseph IV" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> So, It's been said on Adobe's page that the update to Director MX 2004.
> be updated to Director 11 in the "second half of 2007" Well.... LOL....
> days left
> Is it going to be till early 08 now?
> Still a chance for 07 ?
Well, the verbiage has changed a few times since their initial
announcement, but the current status as given by Adobe is as follows:
Adobe has not published an official time frame for the next release of
Director and generally does not disclose details of new releases more
than 30 days before a product is expected to ship. However, our current
planning assumption is that the next major release of Director will be
announced before the end of the year 2007.
Note that it says that the next release will be ANNOUNCED before the end
of the year. It does not say that the next version will be RELEASED
before the end of the year.
This comes from:
The FAQ page in question has changed a few times since it first went up. Think the
page appeared around the time that Adobe took over Macromedia. So, was around
early 2006. And the release date of Director has shifted over the period of 2007.
Clearly, the Director transition to Adobe was not as smooth as other products, and
a number of delays have been experienced.
As Mike pointed out the page still states that there will be an announcement
before the end of the year. So, it is reasonable to assume Adobe will live up to
this promise and at will at least give us an update on the state of Director 11 in
the upcoming weeks.
Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
Does Adobe not know that the fortunes of Apple hang in the balance?
I've been putting of upgrading to Intel machines until Director 11 gets launched ...
Today being the first business day , at least in the U.S., of the last month in '07 I was hoping to see something announced today.
Oh well, we do know they are working on it. I'd rather them take more time and have a solid release than rush it just to get something out this calendar year. After all this time what's a few more months?
Still, it would be nice to know what the deal is.
I wish my problem was that I could not upgrade to a MAC intel. I'm stuck in osx 10.3.9 only because of Director. Yes, director is running under osx 10.4 and even osx 10.5, but that's only if you are using an english / us keyboard. I'm using a danish keyboard and almost all shortcuts i director, even copy / past, is'nt working in osx 10.4. So PLEASE!!!! bring my some good news
> using a danish keyboard and almost all shortcuts i director, even copy / past,
> is'nt working in osx 10.4.
This is a known problem, and there is a fix, but I can't remember it. I
*think* it's to switch to the US layout then back to whatever
language/nationality, so try that first - and if it fails then google
for a solution.
"leaves30" <email@example.com> wrote in message
>I wish my problem was that I could not upgrade to a MAC intel. I'm stuck in
> 10.3.9 only because of Director. Yes, director is running under osx 10.4
> even osx 10.5, but that's only if you are using an english / us keyboard.
> using a danish keyboard and almost all shortcuts i director, even copy /
> is'nt working in osx 10.4. So PLEASE!!!! bring my some good news
can you not just connect an extra US/EN keyboard ?
Via USB both should work I think.
Its certainly cheaper than upgrading Director.
Hi Sean Wilson
I have googled this many time, but never found a solution. It does not help switching back and forth between the US layout and the language/nationality layout. But if you could guide me towards information about this issue, then that would make me a happier person
While it isn't perhaps the fix I thought it was, you might want to read:
I'll keep poking around and see if I can find the email I'm thinking of.
Yepp, I also stopped developing with Director on the 10.4 shift. But I would like to start again. The keyboard layout bug, is bad. You can not use a us layout, to many keys changes places, it like learning the qwerty-typing method all over again.
We need to be able to use our own keyboards. Could please someone give info about the keyboard issue. If it is not fixed in the D11 we don't have much choice in Scandinavia.
Still hoping, Helge, Norway
Today is 10 and...
So does anyone know if the next version of Director will bypass those stupid freakout messages you get when starting a projector under Vista?
Since they have not released the next version of Director, I don't think
anyone can answer that question. But since they have said that the new
version will be compatible with Vista, it is a good guess that
projectors should work on Vista.
Of course, you can include a manifest file with your projector which
will bypass those messages now.
Looks like they bumped it back AGAIN!
"Adobe has not published an official time frame for the next release of Director and generally does not disclose details of new releases more than 30 days before a product is expected to ship. However, our current planning assumption is that the next major release of Director will be announced in January 2008."
Even if they "announce" it in January, their "announcement" could be that it will be released in 2009.
This is getting pretty odd.
Its called vaporware. They could have at least released a minor update or some marketing to keep the product alive...