6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 8:13 PM by Hugh2047

Photoshop is not working.

Hugh2047

Hi Guys I have a creative cloud membership and it worked fine for the first few months but now when I open photoshop nothing works. I hover the mouse over any of the toolbar options such as file, edit etc... and nothing happens? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hugh : )

• 1. Re: Photoshop is not working.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can have any idea without even some basic system info. Just saying that it doesn't work is in no way useful.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Photoshop is not working.
            Hugh2047 Level 1

Sure it is Mylenium, it could be a common problem with people with a creative cloud membership and someone might have experienced it before and it has a standard simple answer no matter what your system settings. I completely don't agree with you that my system settings are 100% definitely needed for someone to come up with a solution for this problem. I find your answer really unhelpful and really agressive. You could have for instance said please provide your system settings but instead you chose to have a go at me. Thanks very much for nothing and I hope you become less of a criticiser in the future.

• 3. Re: Photoshop is not working.
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Question moved to Photoshop forum for input from Photoshop users

The simple answer is that there are no simple answers - unless we sat next to you and saw what you see on your screen.

So, which operating system?

Please describe what happens when you launch Photoshop. Splash screen? Then what?

• 4. Re: Photoshop is not working.
                Hugh2047 Level 1

Thanks John for getting in touch with me. By operating system I'll list the information that I think you're after, if you need anymore let me know;

Windows 7 Professional. Processor Intel R Core i7-3770 CPU 3.40GHz Installed Memory RAM 32gb, 64 bit operating system.

I have the most recent version of Adobe Creative Cloud, and the Photoshop version that seems to come with that says Adobe Photoshop CC (64bit).

What happens when I launch photoshop is that it opens but then I cannot do anything. I can move my mouse that is it but it's as though it's just a screenshot of photoshop nothing actually functions if I put my mouse over file no drop down menu appears, edit nothing etc... I have to force quit the program to even get it to stop running.

Thanks for your help, Hugh : )

• 5. Re: Photoshop is not working.
                  JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Since CC was working for you and now does not have you tried resetting you Photoshop Preferences. As soon as you click on the Icon to start Photoshop press and hold CTRL+ALT+Shift.  If you do that quickly Photoshop should prompt you with a message something like do you want you Photoshop's preferences deleted? Respond YES.

• 6. Re: Photoshop is not working.
                    Hugh2047 Level 1

Hi JJMack,

thanks for your reply, I've been in contact with an Adobe staff member and they've given me some instructions I followed her instructions and each one appeared not to work but all of a sudden photoshop is launching so I'm not sure whether what she said to do did work or what is going on.

But for now Photoshop is working...

Hugh : )